Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
My Plugin Agent keeps calling the debugger. Like, once a minute for the last 5 hours. I've searched and come up with nothing. I've repaired permissions from the terminal (sudo diskutil repair permissions / ) I reset my pram, I've reset Safari, I've downloaded the latest version of Flash, I've removed a bunch of programs. But to no avail. Hell, I even ran iantivirus and found nothing.

Is there something else I could try? Other than removing Console.....

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
In my console, it tells me that.. webkit Plugin Agent229 Debugger() was called!

No crashes so far but things have slowed down.

broken-chaos

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Getting rid of Console.app would not change this issue at all then... I'm not sure why it would be occurring, but Console just records/displays messages from other applications, it doesn't generate them.

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
No I wont remove my Console, that's just frustration talking. I'm thinking his may have something to do with my quicktime player or Quartz. I'm gonna go with quicktime first and see what happens.

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Thanks guys. I read elsewhere that it was Flash but the latest version didn't help. If it's harmless then it can go on calling the debugger all it wants.

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Thank you, I just downloaded it and will see how it works and report back.

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Nope, the debugger is still being called. I just let it do what it does.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.