Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:45 AM   #1
ROGERWILCO357
macrumors 6502

question about the classic and its slip

when did it become known as the classic? what year? Now I have alot of different types of ipods collected from the first one to the itouch. My question is in my sock drawer I found 2 of my (classics) . Now one is white and one is black ..my question sorry for the history but I found A black slip which has the apple logo on it like the clothes you get with apple products to date. I guess it came with one of the ipods just don't know which one . It is nice for safe keeping and protection from scratches how come the newer ones don't come with anything but the black cloth with the apple logo on it.? last question where can I get more of the black clothes and these nifty black slips with the apple logo nice treat
ROGERWILCO357 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:49 AM   #2
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

I dunno about 90% of your questions. But I can tell you that they started calling iPods iPod classics when they introduced the sixth generation iPod with a metal face.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 02:47 AM   #3
ROGERWILCO357
macrumors 6502

thanks one down many to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLuffJimmy View Post
I dunno about 90% of your questions. But I can tell you that they started calling iPods iPod classics when they introduced the sixth generation iPod with a metal face.
thanks for the info..
Old Sep 12, 2009, 02:59 AM   #4
ziggyonice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERWILCO357 View Post
It is nice for safe keeping and protection from scratches how come the newer ones don't come with anything but the black cloth with the apple logo on it.?
Are you talking about this? (Not a very good picture...)

Apple just stopped shipping them, probably because of all the cases out there.

Quote:
last question where can I get more of the black clothes and these nifty black slips with the apple logo nice treat
If that is what you're looking for, you won't find any. The next closest thing would be some iPod Socks, by Apple.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:05 AM   #5
Surely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERWILCO357 View Post
when did it become known as the classic? what year?
Now I have alot of different types of ipods collected from the first one to the itouch.
My question is in my sock drawer I found 2 of my (classics) . Now one is white and one is black ..

my question sorry for the history but I found A black slip which has the apple logo on it like the clothes you get with apple products to date. I guess it came with one of the ipods just don't know which one . It is nice for safe keeping and protection from scratches how come the newer ones don't come with anything but the black cloth with the apple logo on it.?

last question where can I get more of the black clothes and these nifty black slips with the apple logo nice treat
Seriously, how hard would it have been for you to do that to your comment? It's still hard to understand.....
Surely is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:37 PM   #6
ROGERWILCO357
macrumors 6502

its black and feels like suede

black and has the logo on it feels like leather soft will have to get A pic or have to put up with the feedback of those who have to reply with no real answer.you either know or don't if you have no clue just skip it and move on to the next post.jeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyonice View Post
Are you talking about this? (Not a very good picture...)

Apple just stopped shipping them, probably because of all the cases out there.

If that is what you're looking for, you won't find any. The next closest thing would be some iPod Socks, by Apple.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:38 PM   #7
ROGERWILCO357
macrumors 6502

not a sock

thanks for normal reply

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod