Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:45 AM   #1
ROGERWILCO357
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
question about the classic and its slip

when did it become known as the classic? what year? Now I have alot of different types of ipods collected from the first one to the itouch. My question is in my sock drawer I found 2 of my (classics) . Now one is white and one is black ..my question sorry for the history but I found A black slip which has the apple logo on it like the clothes you get with apple products to date. I guess it came with one of the ipods just don't know which one . It is nice for safe keeping and protection from scratches how come the newer ones don't come with anything but the black cloth with the apple logo on it.? last question where can I get more of the black clothes and these nifty black slips with the apple logo nice treat
ROGERWILCO357 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:49 AM   #2
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3
 
TuffLuffJimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
I dunno about 90% of your questions. But I can tell you that they started calling iPods iPod classics when they introduced the sixth generation iPod with a metal face.
__________________
"Next PM I get from you about this, and it gets posted as my signature." --*LTD*
TuffLuffJimmy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 02:47 AM   #3
ROGERWILCO357
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
thanks one down many to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLuffJimmy View Post
I dunno about 90% of your questions. But I can tell you that they started calling iPods iPod classics when they introduced the sixth generation iPod with a metal face.
thanks for the info..
ROGERWILCO357 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 02:59 AM   #4
ziggyonice
macrumors 68020
 
ziggyonice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rural America
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERWILCO357 View Post
It is nice for safe keeping and protection from scratches how come the newer ones don't come with anything but the black cloth with the apple logo on it.?
Are you talking about this? (Not a very good picture...)


Apple just stopped shipping them, probably because of all the cases out there.

Quote:
last question where can I get more of the black clothes and these nifty black slips with the apple logo nice treat
If that is what you're looking for, you won't find any. The next closest thing would be some iPod Socks, by Apple.
__________________
MacBook Pro [First Generation] | 2.16GHz | 2GB RAM | 120GB HD | Mac OS X (10.6.4)
iPhone 4 | 32GB | Black (I couldn't wait for white any longer.)
ziggyonice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:05 AM   #5
Surely
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERWILCO357 View Post
when did it become known as the classic? what year?
Now I have alot of different types of ipods collected from the first one to the itouch.
My question is in my sock drawer I found 2 of my (classics) . Now one is white and one is black ..

my question sorry for the history but I found A black slip which has the apple logo on it like the clothes you get with apple products to date. I guess it came with one of the ipods just don't know which one . It is nice for safe keeping and protection from scratches how come the newer ones don't come with anything but the black cloth with the apple logo on it.?

last question where can I get more of the black clothes and these nifty black slips with the apple logo nice treat
Seriously, how hard would it have been for you to do that to your comment? It's still hard to understand.....
Surely is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:37 PM   #6
ROGERWILCO357
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
its black and feels like suede

black and has the logo on it feels like leather soft will have to get A pic or have to put up with the feedback of those who have to reply with no real answer.you either know or don't if you have no clue just skip it and move on to the next post.jeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyonice View Post
Are you talking about this? (Not a very good picture...)


Apple just stopped shipping them, probably because of all the cases out there.



If that is what you're looking for, you won't find any. The next closest thing would be some iPod Socks, by Apple.
ROGERWILCO357 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:38 PM   #7
ROGERWILCO357
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
not a sock

thanks for normal reply
ROGERWILCO357 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 questions about the classic sinser iPod 3 Oct 19, 2011 05:32 PM
Chec out this discussion about the iPad and its usefulness iOSWriter iPad 8 Sep 2, 2011 12:39 PM
I have some questions about iPod Classic and iPod nano. Riverbird iPod 9 May 14, 2009 03:38 AM
Question about the Classic NikBar iPod 4 Sep 11, 2007 07:04 AM
Seven Questions Regardind the Macbook and Its Cooler Brother. libraritine Buying Tips and Advice 1 Jun 12, 2007 07:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC