Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
It runs flawless at the highest resolution offered. I am surprised that a lot of people buy the Air thinking it won't game. I can pretty much play most games very well at decent resolutions. I have been playing FEAR and L4D about the same as it played on my 2.4 Unibody MacBook with 4 Gb of ram:D

Maven1975

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
I have owned several Airs in the past and agree with you. However, the MBP 13" runs games better due to the amount of ram and the fact that its CPU is not throttled. (Thank god for CoolBook)

Anyways, i'm glad to hear it doesn't send the fans blazing and forcing Safari to shut down due to CPU temps. Quakelive is definitely cool during those quick breaks.

I will be back to the Air once the Ram is addressed. Also, heres hoping they put the new nvidia graphics chip in thats replacing the 9400m. Im hoping this happens next revision.

Gadgetman99

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
I signed up just to try it out on my 1.6ghz rev B. The graphics are amazing for a game playing in a browser window. I only went into the training area for about 5 minutes. The cpu temp got to about 80 degrees C, but ran very smooth and fast. With a laptop cooler tray, I am sure it would be quite fun and satisfying for a gamer, even on this lowly cpu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.