Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nohg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
SOLVED
I have a quick question.

I've got W7 Ultimate x64 installed on my iMac.

I have Snow Leopard.

My Snow Leopard DVD is about 3000 miles from me.

I have a partition on one of my HD's imaged as a clone of the DVD, that is how I installed it on my iMac.

Trouble is, Windows 7 wont see the Install DVD for bootcmap drivers.

Now I'm back in OSX. Is there an easy way to just extract the Bootcamp drivers installer in OSx and burn it to a CD or something? Because getting my DVD is umm...sort of impossible right now.

Solved

New problem. Windows tells me that when I open the BC installer that my system can't support x64 drivers. Then I navigate to the bootcamp64.exe further in the folders, and when I try to open it it tells me that the installer needs "elevated privildges". WTF is that and how do I give it those? I sort miss just "right-click and run as adminitrator"....

Thanks.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Sometimes I just have to re-start and try it again. If not some people have had good success by just copying all those drivers onto their hard drive and launching it there.

Nohg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
I already gave all the usual tricks a go. Nothing seems to work. I fear there may be additional "above and beyond" measures to be taken.

dKran

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2007
You need to turn of UAC for the "Elevated Privileges" message to go away.

It will say some of the drivers aren't supported, or something along those lines, but just hit continue, and you should be good to go.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see where it said "Solved"

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I just got done re-installing Win7 64 on my iMac and I got that same error message when trying to install BC 3.0. I ended up just installing BC 2.1, and then upgrading to 3.0.

Nohg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
You need to turn of UAC for the "Elevated Privileges" message to go away.

It will say some of the drivers aren't supported, or something along those lines, but just hit continue, and you should be good to go.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see where it said "Solved"

Ah. Perfect solution! Boot Camp 3.0 went a treat with the x64 installer.

Cheers mate.

Marco Gessler

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2009
New problem. Windows tells me that when I open the BC installer that my system can't support x64 drivers. Then I navigate to the bootcamp64.exe further in the folders, and when I try to open it it tells me that the installer needs "elevated privildges". WTF is that and how do I give it those? I sort miss just "right-click and run as adminitrator"....

Thanks.

Ok... I just solved this one and I hope this can help you if you have not solved it yet...

First:

I got a copy of Bootcamp 3.0 and copied it to my hard disk into a folder named c:\Bootcamp...

Secord:

I went to C:\Bootcamp\Drivers\Apple and found a file named BootCamp64.exe...

Third:

I right clicked and choose Properties and then Compatibility ...

Fourth:

I choose Run this programm with compatibility and selected Older Version of Windows from the dropdown box.

And that's all... :D

I executed BootCamp64.exe right away and it did installed Bootcamp in 64 bit in my Windows 7 Ultimate 64x...

Now, Keyboard lights up, I can control volume from F5 key and I can see MacOSX partitions in Windows...

Please, excuse my poor english, I hope is clear enough and help somebody...

Cheers!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.