Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbplaya

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
How does one check to see if Applications are truly running when you exit out of them? I have a jailbroken and unlocked 3GS and ever since I've added new Applications including Madden, my iphone has been draining real quick.:mad:

Harman M

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2009
How does one check to see if Applications are truly running when you exit out of them? I have a jailbroken and unlocked 3GS and ever since I've added new Applications including Madden, my iphone has been draining real quick.:mad:

Install SB settings and enable the killswitch. It will show you what apps are running and kill them if you wish.

jbplaya

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Where do I find SB Settings and kirakae? I've looked in Cydia and and the App catalogue

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Or MemInfo in Cydia. Not sure what repo though.

Lets you view current running apps with a bit of information like memory usage, cpu usage and what user is running it 'mobile' or 'root'. Also tells you which are 'essential' being that they are in red and usually shouldn't or cannot be killed.

Can also press 'Clean' to kill off any apps that dont need to be running and its usually pretty safe to do so. I have only seen a few times that it's not killed the springboard but made it not load when exiting MemInfo. If you relock and unlock back it loads fine.

Also as IBradMac said, Kirikae is the newest task manager and I would highly recommend it :D My new fav app!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.