Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosrocket

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Yes but now I'm wondering which display is better to use with a Macbook Pro, the Apple 24" LED display or the Dell U2410. Pros for the Apple as I see it are charging from the display cable for neater appearance (if that's important to you) built in iSight, built in speakers (which I don't need) and general same appearance as the MBP. Pro's for the Dell are much better connectivity and display adjustability, guaranteed pixel perfect warranty and 3 year warranty. The matte screen is not an issue to me.

illibball087

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2009
this will be my next display i heard somewhere that it will retail for 600 USD which is high but will be worth it for all those connection options and display quality

cosrocket

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
this will be my next display i heard somewhere that it will retail for 600 USD which is high but will be worth it for all those connection options and display quality
The Dell U2410 was just on sale from the SB site this weekend for $479 with coupon. I'm pretty sure that will come around again soon.

Hot Snowboarder

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2009
Behind you...!
Im using my Dell u2410 right now with a MBP (DVI not MDP).

Its got a flawless backlight and great colours, viewing angle and adjustability are outstanding.

Great array of inputs on the back, I have my PS3 connected with HDMI.
4 USB ports and a multicard reader.

Thoroughly recommend.

Will post pictures and more detailed notes (later today) if anyone would like.

illibball087

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2009

Its got a flawless backlight and great colours, viewing angle and adjustability are outstanding.

Thoroughly recommend.

do you have any cracking noises coming from the right corner or any buzzing/whining noise when you lower the back light?

cosrocket

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008

Thoroughly recommend.

I'd appreciate the pictures, Thanks

Hot Snowboarder

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2009
Behind you...!
Photos

Taken quickly.

Will attempt to get clearer ones in darkness tonight.

Attachments

• DSC01104.jpg
    DSC01104.jpg
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC01107.jpg
    DSC01107.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC01111.jpg
    DSC01111.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 128

mcpryon2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
Thanks for the pics. That's pretty tempting. I like having more than one input, pivot, non-mirror surface, and the zero-pixel warranty. But the sexiness of the Apple LED is undeniable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.