Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

USMCfirefighter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I tried a search here but couldn't find anything. After upgrading to SL, Cyberduck no longer works and I can't upload filed to my FTP server. Does anyone know any free alternatives to Cyberduck? Yes, I'm being cheap. At first, anyway :D.
Thanks in advance.

USMCfirefighter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
There's also Fugu.

I don't know why you have to use bad language... just kidding.
Thanks, but I have been using Cyberduck for a while, and now that it still works for me, I'll stick with it. I'll keep Fugu in mind though just in case. Thanks!

Dunmail

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2009
Skipton, UK
There's a review of FTP clients in this month's Mac Format (I assume the mag is the same both sides of the water)

I use Cyberduck and its current inability to work under SL is why I haven't upgraded yet - I'll wait until any issues are ironed out.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I use Cyberduck and its current inability to work under SL is why I haven't upgraded yet - I'll wait until any issues are ironed out.

As already mentioned, there's a Snow Leopard compatible version out that you can get. I'm using it with no issues.

jakeOSX

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2005
not sure if it is SL comp, but Filezilla is my FTP of choice. cyberduck is nice and all, but sometimes i find it better/faster to not use drag and drop.

also, i seem to do most of my txt file uploads through textwrangler these days...

jamarwright

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
i have been using cyberduck all last year, but recently started using Fireftp plugin for Firefox. It's a nice light weight FTP client and works like a charm. I've already used a ton and I don't have to leave my web browser.

http://fireftp.mozdev.org/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.