Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Pyrotechnic
macrumors regular

Virgin Mobile Broadband

Having just upgraded my MacBook to Snow Leopard, I now find that my Virgin Mobile BB dongle will not work. When I launch the software from the dongle it simply says it terminated unexpectedly and asks me to reopen which just defaults again to the same screen. I therefore cannot run my Mobile BB using Snow Leopard. I have emailed the support at Virgin, but I have not heard anything as yet.

Anyone else suffering. Surely I cant be the only one with this problem ?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:14 PM   #2
Pyrotechnic
macrumors regular

This is worrying, it looks like its just me
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Gray-Wolf
macrumors 68030

Send a message via MSN to Gray-Wolf
I found this in another forum, hope the info will help.

Quote:
OMG! I got it to work!

Called the mac call centre and this guy I spoke to was great. I'm fairly sure that this will resolve your issues, fish11.

Basically what happened is, the guy at the mac call centre took me through a bunch of steps, which he got from this forum:

http://blog.evandavey.com/2008/02/ho...usb-modem.html

(these steps basically delete old settings and create new ones, but it seems that uninstalling the VirginBroadband app and reinstalling doesn't reset the settings on ur mac properly)

Go through these steps for Virgin. The APN isn't listed on this forum, but just insert: "VirginBroadband" (capital V and B)

Then, once you've done it as it says, if you try to connect in Network Settings it will try but you'll get the PPP error.

Launch the Virgin Broadband application and connect that way, you will notice that it installs something when you do it, and then it will connect!! (or it should!)

So basically follow the link posted above, but for the last step, instead of connecting in "Network Settings" just connect through the virginbroadband app.

Good luck I hope this helps!
Addition postings -

Quote:
The E180 dashboard Mac software available here:
http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/open/37
seems to work well with VBB. It seems to be the newest generic version and apparently will work with all Huawei modems. (It works with my E156G ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-09-17 at 8.35.24 PM.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	195015  

Last edited by Gray-Wolf; Sep 17, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
Gray-Wolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store