Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:47 PM   #1
sravana
macrumors regular

spoken word playlists not syncing

Hello all,
I'm running iTunes 9 on a fully updated Leopard white iMac, and am running OS 3.1.1 on my iPod Touch 2G. I have tried and tried, but cannot get a playlist of spoken word AAC files to sync. I've tried everything, short of downgrading to iTunes 8.whatever... I never had this problem with iTunes 8, but I did upgrade to 9 before I upgraded from OS2.2.1 to 3.1.1 on the Touch.

I can sync a *music* playlist of AAC files with no problem. I ripped all these files from CDs that I own. The only difference I see is that the music files are encoded with iTunes 8.2/Quicktime 7.6.2 - 256 bit rate, where the spoken word files are encoded iTunes 8.0.1/QT7.5.5 - 128 bit rate.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 07:26 PM   #2
sravana
macrumors regular

No one has any idea what to do about this?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:29 PM   #3
sravana
macrumors regular

I've also noticed that playback in iTunes is way softer than it used to be after upgrading. Solutions?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:44 PM   #4
RealityFlirt
macrumors newbie

Revert to iTunes 8 corrected problem

I uninstalled iTunes 9 and re-installed 8 from this site
http://www.oldversion.com/iTunes.html
The previous upgrade affected iTunes Library.itl
There may have been some clever way to recover it but I ended up having to delete it manually before re-installing iTunes 8
RealityFlirt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod