Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
I was fooling around in MetaX and noticed that now it lets Windows users easily edit their movies to combine HD and SD content into one entry in iTunes. This is great for people who encode their own SD and HD content for their Apple TV/PC and portable devices.

It comes with an HD option to flag a video as HD, and a catalog number which I assume creates and/or edits the CNID tag.

If this is old news, apologies, but I've been looking for a solution to this for awhile and came up with nothing.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Yeah, it's been out for windows for awhile. I updated my laptop and was going to tag a movie but noticed I didn't have MetaX installed yet, so I went to the page and noticed its been updated, how recently I don't know, but it has to be within the last few weeks. I was surprised by the changes.

The only issue I have with iTunes is that you can't tag music videos as HD. I have some HD concerts I've gotten from bootleg trackers and i convert them to HD and SD for the Apple TV/portable devices. They play just fine and show up as HD-SD in iTunes, but on the Apple TV they don't have the HD flag. If I tag them as a movie, they show up with the little HD logo on the ATV.

jaywalker

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2008
I just stumbled upon this... but why isn't this in Mac version? Or am I missing something? I've been using Subler to tag HD and ContentID then MetaX to do everything else...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.