Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Sep 20, 2009, 09:17 PM   #1
nph
macrumors 6502a

Question How to minimize disk space for Windows 7 installation?

I have a Macbook Air and I want to install Windows 7 in boot camp. however since I have a 128 SSD I definitely want to minimize the disk space it uses.
I installed it on an imac and it took 14 Gigs!

Is there any way to do what we can do in OS X, remove print drivers etc?
I couldn't see any option during the installation on the imac.

Dont like to allocate 24 gig for Windows since I need some space for any applications as well.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
nph is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:57 AM   #2
Stridder44
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by nph View Post
I have a Macbook Air and I want to install Windows 7 in boot camp. however since I have a 128 SSD I definitely want to minimize the disk space it uses.
I installed it on an imac and it took 14 Gigs!

Is there any way to do what we can do in OS X, remove print drivers etc?
I couldn't see any option during the installation on the imac.

Dont like to allocate 24 gig for Windows since I need some space for any applications as well.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
Go to Control Panel ---> Programs ---> Turn Windows features on or off. This is one quick way to remove some options (but not all of them). Make sure you know what you're removing before you do so though.
Stridder44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac