Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 10, 2004, 03:10 AM   #1
Brigrat
macrumors member

CD Drive Help!!!

OK, bare with me, I am very new to the mac world. Here is my problem:

I own a PowerBook G4, with the DVD/CDRW combo drive. My drive will play DVD's, or any cd that I have burned (either on my old PC, or on my mac), but it will not play any CD that I have purchased, including music cd's from the store, driver cd's for peripherals, etc.

What is wrong with my powerbook? Am I simply not doing something right, or is my Mac screwed up?

It seems like if a drive will read burned cd's, and any DVD thrown its way, it should read any other cd as well, what is my problem? Any help would be great!
Brigrat is offline   0
Old Jul 10, 2004, 05:13 AM   #2
FightTheFuture
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to FightTheFuture
as far as the music cds - are the audio cds mounting on the desktop as Audio CDs? is it opening iTunes? if not, if you insert the music cds in, and then open up iTunes does it show the cd above the playlists on the left?

also, with the driver cds - try putting those in, go under Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and see if it is mounted in there as well.
Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Brigrat
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightTheFuture
as far as the music cds - are the audio cds mounting on the desktop as Audio CDs? is it opening iTunes? if not, if you insert the music cds in, and then open up iTunes does it show the cd above the playlists on the left?

also, with the driver cds - try putting those in, go under Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and see if it is mounted in there as well.

the cd's aren't mounting anywhere. Very Strange!
Brigrat is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers