Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Hello all, im new so be nice :) I got some questions regarding the new ipod touch 3G.

Please answer them all :)

-Possible to use Skype on ipod touch 3G AND! use the microphone in the headset to speak in? :)
-Can i use the bluetooth (if there is any) in the touch to connect to my ex. computer? Or is it only for touch-to-touch transfer/gaming?
-Chances of apple enabling FM radio later by firmware?

-Worth getting it now? Or wait till 4G (probably a year, and with camera)

Its tempting to get it now, because i want a touch, i dont own any atm. I will prolly use it as a mini computer, music player, internet browser thing..
But i want the camera bad too, since i take 'fast' pictures alot and post them on ex. facebook.

Thanks alot for answers! :apple::apple:

Extra question
Whats the difference between ipod touch 2G and 3G 8GB? :/

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
The only difference between 2G and 3G 8GB is the price, they are IDENTICAL otherwise

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
No guarantee that the next version will have a camera. If you believe that a camera wasn't included because of production problems, there is a good chance it will get a camera. If you believe that the camera was designed out of the touch when Steve Jobs returned, it's very doubtful that it will be getting a camera.

Depending on how much you want an iPod touch, you could always buy the 32G and resell it at a later point.

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Im not a big fan of reselling :p

I want a touch a bit badly, i dont know why. I just want you know, a toy gadget. Plus its nice, it can be used many ways. Internet, mail, mp3, game machine..

but the big thing is camera for me really. I was like many others hoping for a camera :/

If its a camera in the future, it will probably only be a VGA with no stills like on the nano right? Cause of the touchs size?

Anyone, please answer these:
-Possible to use Skype on ipod touch 3G AND! use the microphone in the headset to speak in?
-Can i use the bluetooth (if there is any) in the touch to connect to my ex. computer? Or is it only for touch-to-touch transfer/gaming?

And more opinions on "-Worth getting it now? Or wait till 4G (probably a year, and with camera)" would be good! :D

HUGE NOTE!
NORWEGIAN PRICES ON TOUCH:
290$ FOR 8GB
425$ FOR 32GB

Take this into consideration when leaving your opinion please :D

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
-Possible to use Skype on ipod touch 3G AND! use the microphone in the headset to speak in? :)

-Worth getting it now? Or wait till 4G (probably a year, and with camera)

Extra question
Whats the difference between ipod touch 2G and 3G 8GB? :/

From what I understand:

#1: Yes
#2: No, only to connect headphones
#3: pure speculation
#4: IMHO, yes because you will have a full year of joy despite no camera.
#5: Nothing really

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I heard there a application or something that could use ur bluetooth for file transfering? :/

Is the hope there? For file transfering/connecting to computers? Or is it not possible at all? :apple:

EDIT: I just noticed, theres alot of problems with 3G touchs :| Like bad quality screens, firmware things, itunes things. Is it worth to get the touch? It sounds like its not a finished product, and it got alot of bugs :/

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
I heard there a application or something that could use ur bluetooth for file transfering? :/
:/

You may be correct. I haven't updated to 3.0 yet so I don't know for sure. I think a search on iTunes for "bluetooth" may help you out.

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I belive iBluetooth did something like i said :p i dont know if it works since i dont have any touch/iphone.

Anyway, i need some opinions on this.
The prices.

NORWEGIAN PRICES ON TOUCH:
290$ FOR 8GB
425$ FOR 32GB

Which one should i get?
-Ive never filled 1GB with music before. (Computer crashes often so i reinstall and lose my music before ive transfered over to my mp3)
-Movies are ok, i got many that i would love to watch :p
-Games are awesome! :)
-I heard firmware uses 1,6GB or so.
-Also heard you shouldnt fill the whole memory up, or else it will slow down the touch.

WHICH? Theres a huge difference between the 8GB and 32GB, whatever from hardware, price and space :( I CANT DECIDE. HELP. xD

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Get the 32 GB.
1. More space, you won't fill it up as fast.
2. Next Generation. Updated inside.
3. More space = more content, less conservation.

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Another question :p sorry if i ask alot, but i want to be sure :)
Lets say i get a champions league live results app on my touch, and im not in a wifi spot or anything. How do i connect to the internet?
I basically cant? :| ...

More opinions on wether 8gb or 32gb are welcome :)

BTW i heard theres some problems with the battery on iPHONE after the firmware update. Is this case also for the touch 3G with the newest firmware? :/

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Another question :p sorry if i ask alot, but i want to be sure :)
Lets say i get a champions league live results app on my touch, and im not in a wifi spot or anything. How do i connect to the internet?

More opinions on wether 8gb or 32gb are welcome :)

BTW i heard theres some problems with the battery on iPHONE after the firmware update. Is this case also for the touch 3G with the newest firmware? :/

Get 32gb, 50% faster and it will last you much longer. The firmware 3.1 affects only the iphone 3gs, Not ipod touches

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Thanks for answering my questions! :)

I got another :p They say touch 3G does not have FM radio enabled on the broadcom chip. But i see free apps in the appstore that is about radio channels and they say it works for the touch. How come?

&

(Kinda obvious but ive never owned an ipod before) :p

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Thanks for answering my questions! :)

I got another :p They say touch 3G does not have FM radio enabled on the broadcom chip. But i see free apps in the appstore that is about radio channels and they say it works for the touch. How come?

&

(Kinda obvious but ive never owned an ipod before) :p

You can not get on the internet without wifi, and all those radio apps require wifi unless your on an iphone

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
The final question is wether to buy the touch now or wait till december/january/feb.

Its just rumours but apple might have delayed the camera due technical problems. But why would apple launch a new ipod with camera just few months after the release of the current 3G.
That would just be a rip off for those who has bought theirs already.
Just look at this http://www.gadgetreviews.org/ipod-touch-with-built-in-video-recorder-not-for-sale-at-dabs/

Hw do u see the difference between the old 2G 32GB and the new 3G 32GB? Any differences outside on the touch? I dont want any shops nearby to sell me some stuff that is outdated but claim it is a 3G

PumaNO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Yes it is, but i mean how do u SEE the difference on the device :p visually also o_o

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.