Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TylerDurden130

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Today I sent a text message, clicked the lock button, then about 30mins later I checked and my phone wasn't responding. It wont turn on at all, even after holding home and lock button for minutes. I plugged it into the charge, nothing, into my computer nothing. I plan to take this in tomorrow, is this covered by the warrenty?

TylerDurden130

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Ha, ok whats the semi longer answer? I have read the coverage and there are no cosmetic damages or broken ports ect... Not even a scratch on it... I guess my only concern is how do the determine if it was abused? Also do you think they will give me a hard time or just do a swap? How long should I set aside for going into the store?

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Be sure you make an appointment with the Genius Bar before you go into the store. If they are busy, they won't talk to you without an appointment. You can do that online.

TylerDurden130

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Not sure if anyone cares, but they replaced my iphone in about 10 mins. They checked for water damage, btw about 4 people were waiting because theirs got wet, and saw none. I also booked my appointment online last night and was suprised the first available time was at 4pm today! I'm glad it was easy because I was worried they were going to try to screw me somehow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.