Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwolwol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Hello all,

Looking for a program that can organize notes that I take during business meetings. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
well Word 2004 has a notebook feature....

how detailed do you wants the notes to be?
what features (if any) are you looking for?

if you just want to type some stuff up for reference later, you could just use textedit....

MikeLaRiviere

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
Funny Question

Dwolwol, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were a Microsoft representative; your question asks exactly what Microsoft Word 2004 answers. Word 2004 allows you to take audio notes while typing notes. From what I've read, it puts the audio note where you start recording and type, so the words and the sounds go together. I myself haven't used the note-taking portion of Word 2004, but I look forward to using it.

A note-taking program I use quite a bit at work is OmniOutliner. This program is bundled with PowerBooks and PowerMacs. It has proved immeasurably helpful in almost any situation I have come across. I commonly assign myself tasks using this program; I have also used it for itemizing information. It is a true "outlining" program, but it is immensely customizable. As a bonus, it's quick-loading; it's simple-seeming, yet powerful, application that allows you to do as little or as much as you need to do.

Mike LaRiviere

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
MikeLaRiviereA note-taking program I use quite a bit at work is OmniOutliner. This program is bundled with PowerBooks and PowerMacs. It has proved immeasurably helpful in almost any situation I have come across. I commonly assign myself tasks using this program; I have also used it for itemizing information. It is a true "outlining" program said:
mikelariviere@mac.com[/email]

I have a preferences file for that, but no app, is it installed from the discs automatically or by choice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.