Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Voltiosin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Hi, i am from Málaga (Spain), and that is my white macbook 2,2G 1gb RAM, 120gb, i am modding it, here you are some photos, it is still in process:

Zebra Logo:

dz7cef.jpg

Macbook unibody screen cover:

28aumg2.jpg

I am going to put 4gb ram and black keys, i will put some new photos soon.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
here's an idea: if you put a macbook pro classic (one of the last ones before the unibodies) trackpad in it, you'd have multitouch
was the unibody glass fitting in there hard?

Voltiosin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
here's an idea: if you put a macbook pro classic (one of the last ones before the unibodies) trackpad in it, you'd have multitouch
was the unibody glass fitting in there hard?

I am not use about, the multitouch of the macbook pro, fit in the macbook white.

The glass have Glue Lines adhesive and fit good, little small but if u dont know it u see all perfect.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
I mean this macbook pro, the trackpad has the same size as the one in the white macbook. I've seen someone mod his own white one to have multitouch thanks to this.

mrboult

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
London, England
Looks great! Well Done.

Not sure about putting a MBP Track pad in though. . . Would you have to have the silver surface and possibly button? If so I'm not sure how good that would look.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
Find a CCFL backlit LCD that fits in there that equals the B133EW04 V.0 in quality for the finishing touch. the LP133WX1 and compatible workalikes look awful.

I always feel guilty telling people "yes" when they ask if I use the same one Apple uses for that model, because the one Apple uses is ****!

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
This looks very nice. I cant wait to see the finished result.

I think an all black apple would look nicer then the zebra but thats just a personal preference.

calsci

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
this is really cool. can't wait to see it with black keys. how did you apply the glass.

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
this is really cool. can't wait to see it with black keys. how did you apply the glass.

adhesive transfer tape. use butanone to remove the old adhesive. If pregnant, mod is not recommended, as inhaling butanone causes birth defects. But it's the only thing that will get rid of 100%(not 90%, or "enough", or 99%) of the old adhesive.

The adhesive is redundant with the stock bezel, since there are clips. Apple is silly.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
That looks fantastic. Would you mind telling how it was done? Or was it as simple as removing the white bezel and placing the glass one over it?

Did you even remove the white bezel? It kind of looks like the glass is sitting on top of the current screen and bezel, although wouldn't that make it difficult to close the lid? Also how does the iSight work with the new glass?

maraca2020

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
Looks incredible. Have there been any more updates? And could you please post more pics w/ more angles, and open/closed? Thanks

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Looks incredible. Have there been any more updates? And could you please post more pics w/ more angles, and open/closed? Thanks

Yeah, post some more pics please! I'm really curious about this. I sooo want my white MB to look like that, I'm just way too afraid to mod it like that :eek:

I wish there were a way to make the bezel black without having to remove it. Like, maybe some really thin piece of plastic to go over the entire screen, thin enough to not affect the closing of the macbook, dark black on the bezel area, but clear over the screen. I love the look of the white MacBooks but find the white bezel to be distracting. IMHO it should make what's on the screen pop out at you and create some contrast, and all that white right next to the screen just doesn't do that.

Voltiosin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Hi Sorry keep u waiting.

The mod is easy, remove the old and put the new, you can put it with double face tape. u must be carrefull but if u done it well the result are perfect.

the iSight work perfect if you put the glass ok. but u cant see the iSight ligth.

I will update the keyboard soon.

thanks for the opinions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.