Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merrill.pasco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
jpg display in MacBook Finder no longer shows image, just JPG icon, no matter which file or folder I try to look at. How do I reset to show actual images ???

Merrill Pasco

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 82

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
It actually happened to me for some images (and only some of them).

I had imported them from my old 10.2.8 iMac G3, so the jpg icon appeared (like in your picture).

But by deleting the icon in the Show Info window, I could see the actual image. Maybe it would work for you?

merrill.pasco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Highlight the file, command + I (Finder --> File --> Get Info), highlight the icon at the top left, delete.

I get it highlighted, but Delete button doesn't do anything, and I can't drag it to wastebasket ? What am I missing? TIA
M

Attachments

• info.png
    info.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 54

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
jpg display in MacBook Finder no longer shows image, just JPG icon, no matter which file or folder I try to look at. How do I reset to show actual images ???

Merrill Pasco

I wonder if there aren't other things wrong here. You've got your scroll bar all the way to the left and yet you're clearly several photos into the list in this folder.

Maybe there's so many in this folder that the Mac hasn't generated quicklook versions yet.

Maybe this is an older version of JPEG that the quicklook code doesn't handle.

mt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.