Setting up a 2nd display in an older G4 500 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 12, 2004, 03:06 PM   #1
emc2
macrumors newbie

Setting up a 2nd display in an older G4 500

I am trying to set a 2nd VGA display to a G4 500 that has a Rage128 Pro video card in the AGP slot. My plan is to buy a PCI video card and hook up the 2nd monitor, can anyone suggest a good card to look for? It needs to be apple friendly (obviously), at least 16mb and allow for VGA signal. An ideal card would push out RCA video as well.
Also, since I know that the Rage 128 is kinda an older card, but I don't want to buy two cards, is it acceptable to have my PCI card a better, "faster" card, or is that a waste of money. This G4 is an older model, I am not sure if it will work with a dual monitor card in the AGP slot. Either way, both the monitors that I plan to use are VGA.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
-e
emc2 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers