Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:45 PM   #1
macswitcha2
macrumors 65816

File Transfer from emac to Imac?

Is this possible? I have an eMac that has Office on it andI want to be able to transfer it to my iMac...
macswitcha2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Buzz Bumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by macswitcha View Post
Is this possible? I have an eMac that has Office on it andI want to be able to transfer it to my iMac...
The actual Office application you should install from the original CD / DVD (after deleting Office from the eMac, unless you've got the Student / Home version in which case you're allowed three installs). That's assuming it's not an ancient version that won't run on the iMac.

Office documents that you have created can be transferred by email, burning a CD (if your eMac has a CD-writer), or using a USB Flash / keyring / pen / thumb drive or external hard drive.
Buzz Bumble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2009, 01:52 AM   #3
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

To get your stuff over you can use firewire, if you have it on your eMac. You can use a memory stick, an external drive, if your eMac can burn CDs burn your stuff onto a CD. If your eMac is on a network with your iMac share the files with your imac. If you have a server in your house use that. You could email them to your iMac. You could upload your stuff to a free online storage website and download them onto your iMac from your website. If you have an iPod you can use that as a memory stick. (You can also use some MP3/MP4 players).

That's about all I can think of. I think at least one of them should work for you , good luck!
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs