Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Is this possible? I have an eMac that has Office on it andI want to be able to transfer it to my iMac...

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
Is this possible? I have an eMac that has Office on it andI want to be able to transfer it to my iMac...

The actual Office application you should install from the original CD / DVD (after deleting Office from the eMac, unless you've got the Student / Home version in which case you're allowed three installs). That's assuming it's not an ancient version that won't run on the iMac.

Office documents that you have created can be transferred by email, burning a CD (if your eMac has a CD-writer), or using a USB Flash / keyring / pen / thumb drive or external hard drive.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
To get your stuff over you can use firewire, if you have it on your eMac. You can use a memory stick, an external drive, if your eMac can burn CDs burn your stuff onto a CD. If your eMac is on a network with your iMac share the files with your imac. If you have a server in your house use that. You could email them to your iMac. You could upload your stuff to a free online storage website and download them onto your iMac from your website. If you have an iPod you can use that as a memory stick. (You can also use some MP3/MP4 players).

That's about all I can think of. I think at least one of them should work for you , good luck! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.