Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flakes8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
New England
I am purchasing a MBP at or around Christmas. I am looking too use Photoshop CS4 and was wondering if it is worth the upgrade to NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB or should I just stick with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.I am not able too spend any more than the 1999.00 price point so these are my only two options. I need the portability of a laptop otherwise I would go with the iMac. I am sorry if this has been asked before, I am new too the forums (still trying to figure out the whole navigation thing...lol) as well as :apple:

Thank You :)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
9400M will be fine for Photoshop because it can't really utilize it, so 9600GT would be idling all of its time

flakes8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
New England
Thanks Hellhammer. Another quick question, would the 9400M be able to handle video that I take with a non-pro digital video camera. Just simple editing, splicing stuff like that. Also is their a big difference in the processor speed 2.53 vs. 2.66.
Thanks Again. :)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Thanks Hellhammer. Another quick question, would the 9400M be able to handle video that I take with a non-pro digital video camera. Just simple editing, splicing stuff like that. Also is their a big difference in the processor speed 2.53 vs. 2.66.
Thanks Again. :)

If your editing is simple stuff with iMovie (cut, copy, paste etc) 9400M will be fine for that. Processor speed is also unnoticeable because it's just 130MHz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.