Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Sep 29, 2009, 04:02 AM   #1
ping33tx
macrumors newbie

itunes wont install custom ipsw

Hi first first and i have done alot of reading.I have followed the steps over and over on jailbreaken my 3g,after follow step by step on pwnage tool and going dfu and holding done the option key to hit restore and install my custom ispw.But itunes will not install it,it will install the restore file fine.any ideas and i would so greatful thank you Ping33tx
ping33tx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:36 AM   #2
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ping33tx View Post
Hi first first and i have done alot of reading.I have followed the steps over and over on jailbreaken my 3g,after follow step by step on pwnage tool and going dfu and holding done the option key to hit restore and install my custom ispw.But itunes will not install it,it will install the restore file fine.any ideas and i would so greatful thank you Ping33tx
Well you didn't give much info. Are you getting an error code ? Is the IPSW not selectable. Does it stop during install ?

If you want some ideas, you will need to be more specific.

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Ex-05
macrumors newbie

do you have the latest version of itunes?

my itunes/iphone froze then the restore is completed when i was using an older version. you need 8.2 + in order to restore to 3.0 and above.
Ex-05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks