Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenny Pollock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2003
Hollywood, FL
Well, I'm officially an idiot, heh. I purchased a DP G5 Dual 2.5GHz, and I can't afford a monitor. I have a bunch of VGA monitors for PC's around my house, but the G5 only has an ADC monitor port, and a DVI one. I was wondering if someone could find me a cheap adapter VGA monitor > DVI on the PowerMac. I got confused because Apple said it's a single link DVI port or something.. I looked on eBay and saw alot, but I'm not sure what type. Also, does anyone have experience with the adapter? Will it look decent enough to work on until I can afford the cinema 20"?

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The G5 should come with a DVI->VGA adapter... didn't it?

From Apple's G5 tech specs site:

Hardware accessories:
Apple Keyboard, Apple Mouse, USB keyboard extension cable, DVI to VGA adapter, modem cable, AirPort antenna

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
And yes, the monitor will look fine. I had an old CRT hooked up to mine for a while, and it worked beautifully.

Kenny Pollock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2003
Hollywood, FL
Thanks alot!! This was pissing me off, I still owe my mom for loaning me 50% of the money for the DP 2.5GHz. I can't wait until I get it, now I'm all excited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.