Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Head

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
I bought the ipod classic 120GB about a month ago and still have not opened it.
Recently as you all would know, apple released a 160GB.
160GB would fit my needs better than the 120GB.

I was just wondering if there was anything I could do and also if the 120 and the 160 are of the same dimensions.

Thanks for the help.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Dimensions are the same. If it's unopened, you can try returning it because it's still "new" but I doubt they'll take it back because it's old stock.

Bagot69

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
Hampshire, England
could always try the unwanted gift trick + take it back hoping that they'll let u! Or if ur feeling brave + have it insured up House or car contents! Report it stolen telling em it was a 160gb! Cheeky i know but ppl do do it! Or if all else fails Ebay!

Mac Head

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Or if ur feeling brave + have it insured up House or car contents! Report it stolen telling em it was a 160gb! Cheeky i know but ppl do do it!

I think that is more than cheeky, most likely illegal.

I will ask for a return, if not, I will try ebay.

Wondering if anyone else has tried returning??

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Did you buy it directly from Apple, or from a retail location? If it was a retail location, they may let you exchange or get a refund if it is still unopened. Some places may charge a restock fee.

I was just wondering...does the upgrade policy they use on Macs apply to iPods? You know, the thing where if they release a new model within 14 days of your purchase, you can upgrade?

utl768

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2009
return it if its still within the return policy

they cant not take it back cuz its old stock, if they do that file a dispute with ur cc company and you will get the ipod and the money back

TJRiver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
could always try the unwanted gift trick + take it back hoping that they'll let u! Or if ur feeling brave + have it insured up House or car contents! Report it stolen telling em it was a 160gb! Cheeky i know but ppl do do it! Or if all else fails Ebay!

This is not cheeky, it is fraud. :mad:

Knoxville3G

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2008
Knoxville, TN

In jolly old England, that might be "cheeky"....in the United States (and other places), it's called Insurance Fraud. Nice little white collar crime that gets you in big trouble. So, no....it's not "cheeky"....it's illegal, and you don't need to post crap like that on here. That's why insurance premiums are so high.....people who think just like you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.