Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I had signed up for a beta test of Google Wave but so far no invite. Anyone here get one? Care to share thoughts?

It looks interesting to me, but nothing particularly ground breaking.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I signed up to the preview way back when it was first announced, I figured as I am not a developer or anything like that I would be well down the list.

sn0warmy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Denver, CO
Google Wave Invite Thread

UPDATE:
10/11 I finally got my invite. However, the bad news is my invite didn't come with any invites to give out.:(
10/19 Google is giving out more invites to those with Google Wave accounts shortly.

Text directly from the Google's website:
We have a long list of people who have either signed up for an invitation to Google Wave, or who have been nominated by a friend to get a Google Wave account. Unfortunately, we aren't able to pass out invites as fast as the nomination list has grown, so we're not currently adding more people to our waiting list.

As soon as we're confident that the system can accept more users, we will add a wave to your account that allows you to nominate friends and colleagues for an account. Once you have the capability to invite people, the wave appear in your inbox.

If you've already received an invite wave (you have seen it before in your inbox), you can search for "invite others to google wave" to find it. If you're out of invites, please bear with us as we work to add more people to the system. Once you've been given the capability to nominate more people, your invite wave will again appear in your inbox as an unread message

Screenshot2009-10-11at84316AM.png

What is Google Wave?
http://wave.google.com/help/wave/closed.html
http://gizmodo.com/5272121/google-w...-chat-im-twitter-and-google-docs-in-real+time

How do the invites work?
Google is sending out 100,000 invites to a handful of lucky users. Each invite sent out comes with 5 more invites that can be sent to people of your choosing. And each of those 5 invites come with 5 invites of their own...so on and so forth. This means that it's going to be a snowball effect once the invites start rolling.

I'll start: If you have an invite please send it my way and I will get the ball rolling.

First 5 people to PM me get invites from me. (Assuming I can get my hands on one).

My 5 recipients:
1) Jessica
2) Muncher
3) Tilpots
4) 1ofthedavids
5) RG129

nullx86's 5 recipients:
1) xIGmanIx
2) Watabou
3) tobefirst
4) dwwd
5) FoxyKaye

1ofthedavids 5 recipients:
1) dmmcintyre3
2) Keniff
3) TuffLuffJimmy
4) MikhailT
5) frome

NinjaMonkey's 5 recipients: All 5 invites given out
1) FoxyKaye ***Received invite from NinjaMonkey***
2) ksa
3) Outsiderdude26
4) ?
5) ?

Sethypoo's 5 recipients: All 5 invites given out
1) sammich ***Received invite from Sethypoo***
2) ?
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

**AGAIN - if you receive invites from this thread please try to reciprocate by giving out your invites to other members in the thread.**

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The problem is spider crawlers will grab our e-mail addresses. I prefer the PM system.

sn0warmy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Denver, CO
yeah thats a good point, PM system is best.

From my understanding, if you get an invite you are allowed to give out 5 invites.

So the first 5 people to PM me their e-mail addresses will receive invites, assuming I can get one.

sn0warmy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Denver, CO
As you can see in my original post I'm full for the invites.

If those on my list start a list of their own, and the people on that second list start a list of their own then all it will take is for one of us to get an invite before it starts to snowball until everyone in the thread has an invite.

Let the lists begin!!

RG129

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Does anybody know how the distribution of the invites will work? Does each invitee get invites to pass out (like how the original Gmail invites worked), or will Google cap out this round of invites and develop based on a certain number of people's feedback??

Hopefully each preview user will get invites to pass out. Other than 1 invite, I'll definitely pass my invites out to you guys if I'm lucky enough to get them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.