Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Oct 1, 2009, 06:39 AM   #1
TrevorR90
macrumors newbie

Macbook aluminum 13" won't boot?

So this morning I was watching a DVD on my macbook that is only 2 months old. So with the dvd in my macbook I rebooted the macbook... Well, after the ding it gives when starting up it gave me a disk boot error.. I don't know if its the DVD thats doing it or not but I cannot get the DVD out of the macbook.. I am new to the mac world and this is my first apple computer ever.. Is it my hard drive thats doing it? The macbook is still under warranty but I'm stationed in Italy and don't want to be without it unless I can do something myself that will fix the problem. Anything I can try to get it to work again, or at least get my dvd out??? Any help is greatl appreciated thank you!!!
TrevorR90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 06:50 AM   #2
miles01110
macrumors 604

Hold down the trackpad button on boot to force the disc to eject. You could also try holding Option on boot to see if you can get to the partition selection screen.

Even if you're stationed in Italy the warranty is universal. There has to be an authorized apple repair shop or an apple store somewhere closer than the US where you could mail it for repairs.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:36 AM   #3
TrevorR90
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles01110 View Post
Hold down the trackpad button on boot to force the disc to eject. You could also try holding Option on boot to see if you can get to the partition selection screen.

Even if you're stationed in Italy the warranty is universal. There has to be an authorized apple repair shop or an apple store somewhere closer than the US where you could mail it for repairs.
Thank you!!!! As soon as it ejected the disk, it booted right up!! Is there ANY explanation why this DVD movie did that?
TrevorR90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:52 AM   #4
GfulDedFan
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorR90 View Post
Thank you!!!! As soon as it ejected the disk, it booted right up!! Is there ANY explanation why this DVD movie did that?
Some movie DVD's contain an installation for multi-media and it could be that this was read by your system at startup and then locked up because of having Mac OS instead of the expected windows. Just a guess.....

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook