Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrevorR90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
So this morning I was watching a DVD on my macbook that is only 2 months old. So with the dvd in my macbook I rebooted the macbook... Well, after the ding it gives when starting up it gave me a disk boot error.. I don't know if its the DVD thats doing it or not but I cannot get the DVD out of the macbook.. I am new to the mac world and this is my first apple computer ever.. Is it my hard drive thats doing it? The macbook is still under warranty but I'm stationed in Italy and don't want to be without it unless I can do something myself that will fix the problem. Anything I can try to get it to work again, or at least get my dvd out??? Any help is greatl appreciated thank you!!!

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Hold down the trackpad button on boot to force the disc to eject. You could also try holding Option on boot to see if you can get to the partition selection screen.

Even if you're stationed in Italy the warranty is universal. There has to be an authorized apple repair shop or an apple store somewhere closer than the US where you could mail it for repairs.

TrevorR90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Hold down the trackpad button on boot to force the disc to eject. You could also try holding Option on boot to see if you can get to the partition selection screen.

Even if you're stationed in Italy the warranty is universal. There has to be an authorized apple repair shop or an apple store somewhere closer than the US where you could mail it for repairs.

Thank you!!!! As soon as it ejected the disk, it booted right up!! Is there ANY explanation why this DVD movie did that?

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
Thank you!!!! As soon as it ejected the disk, it booted right up!! Is there ANY explanation why this DVD movie did that?

Some movie DVD's contain an installation for multi-media and it could be that this was read by your system at startup and then locked up because of having Mac OS instead of the expected windows. Just a guess.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.