Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:30 PM   #1
Neserk

Jeopardy! Winner has over $1,000,000

Jeopardy! The game show changed its rule about winning 5 times before going off the show. Someone has now one 30 games and has made over $1,000,000!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...pardy_winner_8
Neserk is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:46 PM   #2
AnewMac
macrumors regular

1,000,000! wow

OK I know he has won 30 times but I have yet to catch an episode. My wife told me about him and how smarmy he acts, so the show has been Tivo'd and I hope I can see him action.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:53 PM   #3
Neserk

He is nerdy, not smarmy, imo
Neserk is offline   0
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:10 PM   #4
quagmire
macrumors 603

If Jeopardy has an all Mac catergory day Ken will lose. I believe I heard he hates Macs.
Penn Station-New York
quagmire is online now   0
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:13 PM   #5
jsw
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire
If Jeopardy has an all Mac catergory day Ken will lose. I believe I heard he hates Macs.
Well, maybe - where'd you hear it from? But the guy's a Mormon and answers every drinking question perfectly, so, even if he hates Macs, I'm sure he knows about them.... There seems to be no real gap anywhere in his knowledge of trivia.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:54 PM   #6
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

I'm sorry, but there's something about this guy that bothers me...I mean, mad props to his Level 99 Nerdity, but still...30 days?! C'mon! He's definitely an alien, a robot, a government experiment unleashed on the public, or some combination of the three.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:40 PM   #7
agreenster
macrumors 68000

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...445#post930445
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:00 AM   #8
jefhatfield
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadchemist
I'm sorry, but there's something about this guy that bothers me...I mean, mad props to his Level 99 Nerdity, but still...30 days?! C'mon! He's definitely an alien, a robot, a government experiment unleashed on the public, or some combination of the three.
he still has 18 days left to catch the one record he does not hold...48 consectutive days a contestant had on tic-tac-dough

of course, with the regis game show thing, ken will have to win for months on jeopardy to make the most money ever won on a game show which i think is either five or ten million

ken knows things way beyond his supposed clean living...drinking and mixed drink recipies as mentioned above, but he knows about mati hari, the sexy prostitute/spy goddess of erotic lore, anais nin and delta of venus, and many, many r rated movies...but then again, r rated does not mean that much anymore

Last edited by jefhatfield; Jul 14, 2004 at 01:06 AM.
jefhatfield is offline   0
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:10 AM   #9
Neserk

I think he should go on Billionaire! I'd love to see him win!
Neserk is offline   0
Old Jul 14, 2004, 09:10 AM   #10
jefhatfield
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreenster
i thought that threads in this category were supposed to be related to apple inc and macs in general ???
Old Jul 14, 2004, 09:56 AM   #11
~Shard~
macrumors P6

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Shard~
Letís keep the discussion to the original thread, shall we?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...1&page=3&pp=25

Old Jul 14, 2004, 05:46 PM   #12
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhatfield
ken knows things way beyond his supposed clean living...drinking and mixed drink recipies as mentioned above, but he knows about mati hari, the sexy prostitute/spy goddess of erotic lore, anais nin and delta of venus, and many, many r rated movies...but then again, r rated does not mean that much anymore
Hey, be careful what you say...You're desecrating the name of the dweebs' God. And it's a sad day when a dweeb loses faith in his God...A sad day indeed.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 06:21 PM   #13
jefhatfield
Retired

Quote:
Hey, be careful what you say...You're desecrating the name of the dweebs' God. And it's a sad day when a dweeb loses faith in his God...A sad day indeed.
i have to admit, i like ken since i was a nerd, when it wasn't cool in the 60s/70s and i suffered heavily for it
Old Jul 14, 2004, 06:22 PM   #14
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

Quote:
i have to admit, i like ken since i was a nerd, when it wasn't cool in the 60s/70s and i suffered heavily for it
Yeah, I'm fortunate to have grown up with geek chic.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 06:25 PM   #15
jefhatfield
Retired

Quote:
Yeah, I'm fortunate to have grown up with geek chic.
but like revenge of the nerds, i was, like many nerds, very well informed on sexual things and even mixed drinks...even though i didn't touch alcohol or girls

i could skip the beer, but couldn't give up fantasizing about the girls who largely ignored me ...the jocks got the chicks but not the good grades, but good grades don't have soft, velvety skin...
Old Jul 14, 2004, 06:40 PM   #16
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

Quote:
the jocks got the chicks but not the good grades, but good grades don't have soft, velvety skin...
This is very true. I'm definitely glad to have a girlfriend now, for the first time ever.

But the grades in that they can help you get the job that gets you the money (or at least, more money than the burger-flipping jocks) gets you the chicks in the long run.

That chain of events, though, isn't much to fantasize about.

I agree, wholeheartedly, though. The alcohol isn't for me, but who's gonna deny the goodness of the ladies.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 07:37 PM   #17
sushi
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Okay, you caught me/us. Time to come clean...

My government team, which is located on a remote island in Japan, has been conducting experimental breeding focusing on cerebrial enhancement.

We released him into the wild to see how he would function. So far, pretty good I would say.

Dr. Moreau
aka Sushi
sushi is offline   0
Old Jul 14, 2004, 08:26 PM   #18
Neserk

It isn't quite up to date, but if you don't watch the show you can follow his progress here:

http://www.jeopardy.com
Neserk is offline   0
Old Jul 15, 2004, 02:02 AM   #19
Doctor Q
Administrator

I'd rather not merge the two threads on this topic (it would probably confuse readers), so I'll link here to the previous thread and let's continue there. I'll put a link back to this thread there too.

Please switch to this thread: Ken Jennings can't lose on Jeopardy!!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community