Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMac-G5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2004
Germany- near France
There is a thread at the polls "Do you have an Apple Sticker on your Car?".

So why just talking about, if you can show everybody!

:D

I have one, but as I said in my posting their, my girlfriend ice-scrapered half of it away last winter. :eek:

Attachments

• scratched-apple.jpg
    scratched-apple.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 8,304

superninjagoat

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2004
Apex, N.C
iMac-G5 said:
There is a thread at the polls "Do you have an Apple Sticker on your Car?".

So why just talking about, if you can show everybody!

:D

I have one, but as I said in my posting their, my girlfriend ice-scrapered half of it away last winter. :eek:

I heard on NPR that Apple was no longer dropping the stickers in computer boxes. The report went on to say that the subject of the story even went to the Apple store and tried to get one and was told they were no longer availible, even for sale. Any truth to this? It seems like such a cheap way of advertising and great marketing.

Apparently the white stickers tend to fade in the sun (I have the old multi-color one, so I wouldn't know. Does that tell anyone about the age of my Mac and car?).

Attachments

• sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 18,694

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
Well, unless I completely missed it, I didn't get any stickers with my Rev. C 12" PowerBook (purchased last week).

However, I have a small stockpile, so I should be okay ;) :D

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
I don't know

…but I always thought that the apple logo always looked a little of on a car.

It's just that cars are not that well designed compared to apple products. :)

Apple logos look really cool when they are huge and on the side of a building, and look cool when they are very small and backlit on the front of your laptop…

monkeydo_jb

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2002
Columbia, MO
iMac-G5 said:

That's what you get for making your girlfriend scrape off YOUR windows! :p

Anywho, I've got one (white) in the lower left of the back window on our Jeep Cherokee Sport.

No pic, sorry.

-jeff

powerbookje

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2003
Belgium
I have an apple sticker on my car (Black Audi A3) , It's the first thing I do when I have a new car. I sell mine in august, my new car will have wil have one also :)

tace

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2003
USA
Backwards

I'll post a photo later, but I have mine in my wife's Turbo Beetle. The only thing is that it is stuck on from inside so its backwards. That was intentional. Meant to symbolize how *ss backwards it is to have an Apple logo on a car.

MrSugar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2003
I just got a refurb G5 about a month ago and it came with 2 white apple stickers..

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
powerbookje said:
I have an apple sticker on my car (Black Audi A3) , It's the first thing I do when I have a new car. I sell mine in august, my new car will have wil have one also :)

Where in Belgium do you live. I'm from Ninove.

aptmunich

macrumors member
May 29, 2004
Well i got 2 with my ibook g4 1 Ghz 12" (love typing that...)

and i've stuck one on my guitar, looks pretty cool (guitar's a black strat)

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Still trying to decide where to put my sticker. Nothing else seems worthy of carrying the apple logo. I though maybe my bike might like it, but both the bike and the sticker are white . . . wasn't going to show much. So for now, it is still safely stowed in the box. Maybe someday the perfect place will be found.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Yup, I have one on my car. The white one... the multi-colored one faded, and I had to replace that one twice. I have a small stockpile myself, in both white and multi-colored, so if the new Macs don't come with them I'm not worried. :)

Omala, you should try eBay. Do a search for "apple sticker*" (without the quotes).

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
I have a friend who's been a Mac user long enough that he's got one of the old rainbow ones on one side, and a new white one on the other, both placed on the rearmost non-moving bit of the side windows. I think that's kinda cool, because it says that he's kickin' the Apple old-school. :p

For myself though...I really don't like the idea of sticking anything on my car. I just don't like broadcasting information about myself to strangers....well, not in the physical world, anyway (as I sit here posting this for anyone to see). :rolleyes:

smurfsgonewild

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2004
Monroe, LA
http://missingbite.com/apple-stickersli.html
Want a sticker? They've got plenty of them to go around. They've also got some other cool stuff. There's tons of sites that have apple stickers, just do a google search and see what comes up. Heck, I'm not officially an Apple user yet, but it doesn't hurt to look. But if I do get one, you can be sure a sticker's going on my car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.