Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
Macrumors said:
Via webcast conference call, Apple stated its financial earnings today over the past quarter:
• $61 Million profit on revenue of $2 Billion
• iMac G5 CONFIRMED by Apple CEO Peter Oppenheimer
With that kinda profit why so much for the new displays? Maybe a cheaper imac? :confused:

lloyd

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2003
Wales, UK
Is there a date? Any info on what G5 they're putting in? How fast, etc. Is there a new design to deal with the heat issues? This is promising news!

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
This is also a first!

Apple announces a new iMac months before it starts shipping....
Now they confirm a G5 in it....!

Somehow I find this really cool!

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
To quote from my thread

"It was just asked about the cooling issue and he said supply was the main problem. It felt to me that there was a cooling problem that he didn't want to talk about and maybe G5 supply problems lets them disguise this problem.

Update: Another question was asked about iMac components and the answer was the processor is the critical component definetly doesn't sound like the only issue."

Also on G5s "there will be dual 2.5 delays all through the next quarter and 1.8 and 2.0 through July and some of August"

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
[rant]Enough with the first post idiocy. It's the #1 annoyance on this board.[/rant]

[happy]Good news about the G5 iMac![/happy]

wymer100

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2002
Apple is DOOMED!!!!

Apple is doomed, Doomed, DOOMED!!!!!! Apple with whither on the vine of computer technology. They make crappy, crash-prone computers that no one wants to buy. Apple will have to switch to x86 chips and make iTunes run only with Windows media next quarter or they will be DOOMED!!!! They can't even turn a profit....

Oh wait....

They just made $61mil this quarter. My bad.

(Sorry. I had to put that in for old times sake.) :p

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
wow, this is very un-apple like. announcing that G5 will be in the iMac come sept...

i can't wait to see what the design will look like.

P.S. yeah, quit the FP crap... :rolleyes:

DWKlink

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2003
New York, NY
Sabbath said:
Also on G5s "there will be dual 2.5 delays all through the next quarter and 1.8 and 2.0 through July and some of August"

I don't like the sound of that one bit... is that delays with the initial shipment, or just a slow release of them?

Me likes to hope for the latter

bluefido

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2003
g4cubed said:
With that kinda profit why so much for the new displays? Maybe a cheaper imac? :confused:

That is a lot of profit, but profit can goes toward a lot of things...i.e. more R&D, dividends, but probably not a cheaper iMac. People pay premium prices for Apple products. Why lower them?

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
DWKlink said:
I don't like the sound of that one bit... is that delays with the initial shipment, or just a slow release of them?

Me likes to hope for the latter

It sounded like it was an on going delay, so I'm thinking the shipping dates given by Apple have taken this into account to at least some extent, although I would bet not perfectly. So I presume it would not overly affect orders already waiting to a but I wouldn't expect stocks of dual 2.5s in stores for quite a while.

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA
carletonmusic said:
Hopefully the announcement of the G5 iMac will boost Apple's stock back up a little. :rolleyes:
The statement that they're having delays shipping the PowerMac's will proabaly bring it down some though.

BigMacGuy

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2003
Mudbug said:
Oppenheimer is the CFO, for those of you who asked -
I just typed an E instead of F. :p

Yeah, I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that he was the CFO (Chief Financial Officer, which is why he's mentioned with the quarterly results) instead of the CEO. For those of you who were mentioning this . . . trust me, if Steve were to be replaced it would be huge news, not good news, but huge nonetheless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.