Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Distributed Computing

Old Sep 8, 2014, 08:21 PM   #1
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
anyone running amd and nvidia in same system?

i'm trying to run a nvidia gtx 780 and an amd 7970 in the same system. not working well at all. it keeps giving the same error below, and then it downloads another unit.

Code:
Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:9406 run:358
any ideas?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:20 PM   #2
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

What is "AMD" ?

What OS you are using ? Windows or Linux ?
Is each card for itself individually folding?
Did you swapped physically the sequence of the cards ? I remember I read somewhere it is relevant which GPU is in the slot close the CPU (forgot the outcome if AMD or nV need to be closer).

I try to find you more answers but in general mixed GPU with different architecture is ... Very advanced

Oh, and can you share more from the log, upper part with config and download/upload of WU

2nd oh, if you like I can dispose your GTX 780; I will not charge you much and would burn it in my "oven"
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.

Last edited by ChristianJapan; Sep 9, 2014 at 04:33 AM.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 06:30 PM   #3
twoodcc
macrumors P6

thanks Christian! i decided to give up on running these two cards in the same system. i could tell that it wasn't going anywhere anything soon. i ended up putting my other nvidia cards in here, so i know have a 780, 770, and 760 in the same system.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 09:26 PM   #4
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Good decision; Smarter than the average bear ...
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:12 PM   #5
Louis Wu
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoodcc View Post
i'm trying to run a nvidia gtx 780 and an amd 7970 in the same system. not working well at all. it keeps giving the same error below, and then it downloads another unit.

Code:
Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:9406 run:358
any ideas?
sorry hadn't checked the forum for a few days; I did have a rig going with both, a 7970 and a 660ti and it was stable but I remember it was finicky to set up. it was a Win7 box.

nice nVidia system you've got there -- I look forward to being relegated to second (or third) spot on the list!

Louis

Oh, I just remembered that the placement of the cards in the system seemed to make a difference and I also had to pause all the cards and start one of them first. Can't remember which one I had to start first.
Louis Wu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:24 PM   #6
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianJapan View Post
Good decision; Smarter than the average bear ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Wu View Post
sorry hadn't checked the forum for a few days; I did have a rig going with both, a 7970 and a 660ti and it was stable but I remember it was finicky to set up. it was a Win7 box.

nice nVidia system you've got there -- I look forward to being relegated to second (or third) spot on the list!

Louis

Oh, I just remembered that the placement of the cards in the system seemed to make a difference and I also had to pause all the cards and start one of them first. Can't remember which one I had to start first.
thanks Louis. i think i'm good for now, though i'll remember that just in case i give it a go again later. if so, i'll be back on this thread

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Distributed Computing