Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Alright so I'm finally ready to take the plunge and expand the capabilities of my beloved iTunes streaming/rental box. I consider myself somewhat tech savvy, but all the googling I've done seems to assume I've already hacked the thing and am hip to the basics. Obviously I'm a noob in that regard and just would like to know where to start. Where can I find tutorials for a beginner and what are some suggestions on the best software to install? Thanks much for all your advice.

shaotse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
thanks - but when I try to use the creator as soon as I click "create using" - I get this:

Downloading 2Z694-5573-24.dmg...
Download failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
You can try again to resume your download

any sugestions?

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
thanks - but when I try to use the creator as soon as I click "create using" - I get this:

Downloading 2Z694-5573-24.dmg...
Download failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
You can try again to resume your download

any sugestions?

There is a thread on here somewhere about it. You have to download the DMG file from the web and then select that. I think the problem is the auto-download link within the atvusb creator. Sorry I don't know it off the top of my head.. google it and I know you'll find an answer because I found it a couple weeks ago.

EDIT: Found it - http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/issues/detail?id=342#c31

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.