Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Euthyphro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
My new 20" cinema display arived today, and it's fabulous. The web pictures just do not do it justice.

My question is for those who also recieved theirs. When powered on, is your LED (bottom right corner of frame) lit up. My LED only lights when switching between on/off states, i.e., when I depress the power button. Just wanted to make sure this was standard.

:)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
hello fellow new 20" owner. :D Got mine today too, and you're right, the web pics don't come close.

My LED only lights up at the same times as yours (and when sleeping) - not during normal use. Methinks you got nothing to worry about. Man, are these things sweet, or what??

Euthyphro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks for the reply. I didn't want to return this thing just for that defect. Also did a recent check and no dead pixels.

have fun with your display! ;)

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
Euthyphro said:
When powered on, is your LED (bottom right corner of frame) lit up. My LED only lights when switching between on/off states, i.e., when I depress the power button. Just wanted to make sure this was standard.

That's normal, Apple changed the behavior of the power lights quite some time ago at least on iMacs and eMacs. I think it's intended to be less distracting when in use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.