Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:46 AM   #1
gusanitoverde
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to gusanitoverde Send a message via Yahoo to gusanitoverde
Where is my Pandora Icon?

Back in September, I went over the 40 hours free a month. in my Macbook Pro I was not able to listen to Pandora it until October. Almost at the same time, in my iPhone, the icon disappeared. Kind of nasty, but I guess they can...

It is well passed the month and I could play Pandora again in my computer since the 1st. But in my iPhone, no matter what i've done, nothing works. I even restored the iPhone. iTunes show the application working but nowhere to be found in my iphone.

Anyone has an advice on how to handle this?

Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Jeremy1026
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusanitoverde View Post
Back in September, I went over the 40 hours free a month. in my Macbook Pro I was not able to listen to Pandora it until October. Almost at the same time, in my iPhone, the icon disappeared. Kind of nasty, but I guess they can...

It is well passed the month and I could play Pandora again in my computer since the 1st. But in my iPhone, no matter what i've done, nothing works. I even restored the iPhone. iTunes show the application working but nowhere to be found in my iphone.

Anyone has an advice on how to handle this?

Thanks.
Any chance you have over 11 pages of apps? Does a spotlight search find it?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Kahnyl
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusanitoverde View Post
Almost at the same time, in my iPhone, the icon disappeared. Kind of nasty, but I guess they can...
I haven't heard of that happening before and considering how pissed people got when Amazon took books off people's Kindles I think there would have been stories about it.

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading the app in iTunes on your PC. Sometimes the app files just become corrupted. I still don't know why it would disappear from your phone though.
Kahnyl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:00 PM   #4
gusanitoverde
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to gusanitoverde Send a message via Yahoo to gusanitoverde
I tried...

I have 3 pages of apps. Searched for the app. Restored my iphone to factory settings... Yet nothing.

I would gladly replace Pandora with another radio service, but still I wanted to give it a shot.

iTunes show the icon, even the place that it is to take in the iPhone screen, but when synchronizing... it never appears!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 05:31 AM   #5
Kadman
macrumors 65816

That sounds crazy. I would still suspect it was due more to a bug than any action taken by Pandora. I agree that it would likely have been news if this was happening.

I tried to listen to Pandora again recently out of curiosity, but went quickly back to Slacker. The Slacker service just seems so much better to me.
Kadman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 05:57 AM   #6
LoganT
macrumors 68020

Have you tried installing it from the app store on your phone? If not the only the only thing I can think of is, maybe it has something to do with the fact that they enabled a 40 hour limit (then it's 99 cents I believe) for that limit to go away.
LoganT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:22 PM   #7
gusanitoverde
macrumors 6502

Problem solved.

I had to wipe out the phone to factory settings, setting it as new iphone. This enabled the application to work again. What a problem!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:38 PM   #8
labman
macrumors 604

intresting

next week the 17th the president of pandora is coming to my area in Birminham,MI he is calling it a town meeting it's only a few miles from me so I was going to go. he plans to announce some stuff a q&a etc I just might try to ask him about this if I do I will report back or at least post pandora news!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps