Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amyhardy2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
This started one week ago with one of my email accounts - my domain hosted on dreamhost. I have another domain on dreamhost and an email account for that domain setup on my IPhone as well that works fine. I've tried everything dreamhost has suggested and still cannot get mail! So frustrated does anyone have any tips or suggestions I can try? I've deleted and reinstalled, I've powered off and on, I've checked with dreamhost and they say I shouldn't have a problem - that is should work whether I use mail.mydomain.com OR the servername.mail.dreamhost.com - I have tried both and neither works. Pulling hair out, please help!

MasterDev

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
This started one week ago with one of my email accounts - my domain hosted on dreamhost. I have another domain on dreamhost and an email account for that domain setup on my IPhone as well that works fine. I've tried everything dreamhost has suggested and still cannot get mail! So frustrated does anyone have any tips or suggestions I can try? I've deleted and reinstalled, I've powered off and on, I've checked with dreamhost and they say I shouldn't have a problem - that is should work whether I use mail.mydomain.com OR the servername.mail.dreamhost.com - I have tried both and neither works. Pulling hair out, please help!

how about mail.dreamhost.com?

Just a guess as some host do that instead on including server names...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.