Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Hi
I have an iPhone 3G running 3.0 JB and UL with redsn0w.

It has been working just fine, but since the last 3 weeks it has been kind of annoying me with a message saying No Sim, even though the sim is inserted and everything was working fine the night before.
With a normal reset it will go back to normal, but now it is not working at all. I've tried with other sims and the same issue arises.

Any suggestions???

P.S. I did search the forums but none of the topics regarding sim cards had a answer to this issue, and the latest one was from 2008.

THANKS

Ewan Hoozarmy

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Cambridge, UK
OK, I assume you mean UL with ultrasn0w rather than redsn0w?

Try deleting ultrasn0w within Cydia and then re-install.

Don't know what else to suggest.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
OK, I assume you mean UL with ultrasn0w rather than redsn0w?

Try deleting ultrasn0w within Cydia and then re-install.

Don't know what else to suggest.

Yeah I meant ultrasn0w. I´ve been trying that but every time I download ultrasn0w through cydia I´d get the repository, and after installing it the same thing no sim card, then I try to remove ultrasn0w and it show cero kb on disk... :confused:

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Is it a Pay & Go sim ?

I heard AT&T was finding a way to make those stop working.

No, I´m from outside U.S. it worked fine...

Now I´m JB as I type, I´ll see if that makes it.

As said, I can get to ultrasn0w through cydia, but when I try to download it, it show 0.0 KB :confused:

Uf... now I´m going to JB. Wish me luck

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Ok
I just JB the iPhone, I go into cydia, after updating all essentials, I go to manage and in the source menu there is an ultrasn0w repo, if I try to install it, it will show that is 40.4 KB, when I do the install I get a msg saying unreachable source, saurick error... and then the download stops and cydia has to be restarted.

Then I tried the old fashion way, adding ultrasn0w as a new repo, and then it shows 29kb for download, I download, then install it and after the reboot... and NOOOOOOW is working:D:D:D

Any clues?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Ok
I just JB the iPhone, I go into cydia, after updating all essentials, I go to manage and in the source menu there is an ultrasn0w repo, if I try to install it, it will show that is 40.4 KB, when I do the install I get a msg saying unreachable source, saurick error... and then the download stops and cydia has to be restarted.

Then I tried the old fashion way, adding ultrasn0w as a new repo, and then it shows 29kb for download, I download, then install it and after the reboot... and NOOOOOOW is working:D:D:D

Any clues?

So you got the phone unlocked and the sim is working, is that what you are saying ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.