Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toenexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
My OSX partition shows up fine in my Bootcamped Windows 7 x64, and I can read/write to it fine. My external, a Western Digital 1tb drive formated HFS+, is connected thru firewire, and it doesn't seem to mount or show up at all.

Anyone else having this issue?

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
So just to be clear...if I buy an external hard drive with the intent to have a Windows NTFS partition plus a Mac partition, I would need to format it and partition it from the Mac, correct? I think I read once that if I set it up for Windows and then want to add a Mac partition, I would have to wipe the whole thing, right?

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
My OSX partition shows up fine in my Bootcamped Windows 7 x64, and I can read/write to it fine. My external, a Western Digital 1tb drive formated HFS+, is connected thru firewire, and it doesn't seem to mount or show up at all.

Anyone else having this issue?

I've been having this same problem as well. The HFS+ drivers for Boot Camp don't seem to support external drives. So I've been using HFS Explorer, which is what I used before Boot Camp 3. I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.