Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:54 AM   #1
Achiever
macrumors 6502

Deactivating iTunes on an old machine

I had an old PC a few years back on which had iTunes activated. The machine essentially died and I got rid of it before I was able to log on and deactivate iTunes on that machine. Having moved on since then, that activation has lingered and now I need to deactivate it.

I know that there are ways to deactivate all machines, then simply re-activate it on my active ones, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a way - on either iTunes 8 or 9 - to simply deactivate a machine remotely (i.e. deactivate a machine other than the machine I am on). Thanks.
Achiever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:44 AM   #2
mdo574
macrumors newbie

Deactivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever View Post
I had an old PC a few years back on which had iTunes activated. The machine essentially died and I got rid of it before I was able to log on and deactivate iTunes on that machine. Having moved on since then, that activation has lingered and now I need to deactivate it.

I know that there are ways to deactivate all machines, then simply re-activate it on my active ones, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a way - on either iTunes 8 or 9 - to simply deactivate a machine remotely (i.e. deactivate a machine other than the machine I am on). Thanks.
on you new computer open itunes and sign into account, then view account in there you can reset or deauthorize all accounts, remember to reauthorize your computer again then it should say you have authorized 1 of 5 accounts available..thx mike (mdo574@yahoo.com)..remember you can only do this one a year.
mdo574 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Darth.Titan
macrumors 68020

The "Deauthorize All" option is only available if all 5 of your authorizations are being used. If you still have slots available, I say don't worry about it.
Darth.Titan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Achiever
macrumors 6502

Thanks for the responses. I know I can deatuthorize all 5 in one swipe. I was wondering if it is possible to deauthorize only ONE on the account, which would NOT be the computer I was using at the time. Any thoughts?
Achiever is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store