Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Hello..

Running SL 10.6.1

I have the following two printers: Canon i860 and the Canon S9000 connected to my computer via a USB bridge.

I have downloaded the lastest drivers from Canon for both of the above mentioned printers. I have even switched (for the 860) to the driver that was supplied by Apple.

Every time I print, the colors are super dark and the colors are also off. IE a bright ruby red will be maroon in color. The color is completely off.

I have tried printing from Photoshop CS3, iPhoto 09 and also Canon Easy Photo Print. The colors will come out pretty much the same no matter what I am using. I have changed out my inks. Didn't work. I have tried pretty much every setting under the above programs and nothing is printing correctly. I have never had this problem. I don't know if it is Canon's driver issue under SL or if this is a printer issue for both of my printers.

I have sent in a request to Canon but in the mean time, trying to figure this out. I have printed 50 pictures of the same picture trying to get the color down and nothing is working. I have searched google, made sure I had the correct ICC for the printers and printer paper. The only thing I haven't done, which I am just thought about as I am typing this is trying connecting the printer directly to my Mac Pro instead of going through the bridge.

Does anybody else have any suggestions on what I should do?

I have also been reading this thread:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2128186&start=0&tstart=0 which lead to the following page.

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/8200620400.html#4

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
After reading a couple different threads on the net, seems the two printers are not really supported yet under SL. Even thou there is a i860 driver.

I am wondering if I should sell the printers and get a new one or hold off for a little bit and use the wifes ip6310D printer which seems to be working fine.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I also think I found one of the culprits. Seems the printers don't like really RED backgrounds. I tried out some other pictures and they seemed to print out ok. So I think for now I will just print pictures that don't have really read backgrounds.

I received a support letter from canon and awaiting the results of my answers back to them.

Oh well... Maybe this will be an excuse to get a new printer!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.