Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuck16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
I recently brought a used macbook form 2007(intel core duo, 2.0ghz, 80gb hard drive) on ebay I received it and it work execllent for awhile. The other day I was running it and low battery warning came up, so I pluged in the power cord and thought nothing of it. About 15min later my mac shut down for no apprent reason. I disconcted the power cord and plugged it back in and tried to restart it, the screen flashed but nothing more happened. I noticed that the light on my power cord was flashing between green and orange. After trying this a few times I called friend of mine who repairs macs for a living, he told me to let it charge for a few hours. I set it to charge overnight and tried starting it again to same results; flashing screen and a power cord light switches between green and orange.

Anyone know what i should do?

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
I recently brought a used macbook form 2007(intel core duo, 2.0ghz, 80gb hard drive) on ebay I received it and it work execllent for awhile. The other day I was running it and low battery warning came up, so I pluged in the power cord and thought nothing of it. About 15min later my mac shut down for no apprent reason. SNIP..

It sounds like it might be a graphics card problem. When you turn the machine on, does it chime? n go through the normal sequence of beeps n burps as it should do? or does it remain silent? The hard drive spinning etc?

The model that you have might well be one of the ones with the 8600GTM, in which case that would be your problem. Those graphics cards were very annoying in their early life, as peoples machines kept dying, with no reason why. Apple/nVidia eventually admitted the problem, and apple now offer 3 year return policy on those affected machines.

Hope this helps
Good Luck :)

PTP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.