Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Hi,

Currently there are a lot of topics around about the new iPhone which hopefully will be revealed in summer 2012. Maybe it's a lot, so why not just make one topic? Indeed. In this topic you can post all your wishes, and I will add any good wish to the list. There is a software wishlist (iOS 5.1 or 6.0) and a hardware wishlist (iPhone 6 (2012)).

I've already looked around on the internet, and below you will find the current wishlist. Discuss in this topic about the new 6th generation iPhone and post your wishes. I hope this topic will stay active until summer/fall 2012, and than we will see what actually has come true.

And I've arranged the list from 'most-demand' to 'least-demand'.

Hardware wishlist
1) Bigger screen (4+ inch), preferably double resolution to keep retina display and more bright (to fight sunlight)
2) 4G networking (LTE)
3) Much better battery life
4) Improved (8 MP?) camera: better stabalization, better in low light
5) RFID
6) FM-radio and pedometer
7) Louder and better speaker

iOS 5.1 or 6.0
1) Redesign! iOS is great, but it looks the same as in 2007...
2) New maps app! What about better navigation?
3) Siri in more languages
4) Dynamic app icons (like clock app showing current time, weather app current temp)
5) Bluetooth movie, photos and music transfer (to any phone)
6) Support more video formats
7) Improved PhotoStream and other iCloud services

We all know people are creative, so let us hear your voice. What do you want to see?

Thanks for reading.

The 'official rumor list'
Alle rumors from the 'big' and well known sites will be posted over here as well.

- Complete redesign of 6th generation iPhone
- A6 chip
- Bigger screen? 4 inch according to iLounge

Last edited:

megadon

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
I'd like to be able to turn on/off blue tooth a little easier..

you have to tap settings, then tap general, then instead of being able to turn on/off bluetooth, you have to click on it one more time, then you can turn it on or off..

it's gets very annoying..

is it that hard to set something up like jailbroken phones have the SB settings ???

anyone know why they make it so long when they could easily make it simple and fast?

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
I'd like to be able to turn on/off blue tooth a little easier..

you have to tap settings, then tap general, then instead of being able to turn on/off bluetooth, you have to click on it one more time, then you can turn it on or off..

it's gets very annoying..

is it that hard to set something up like jailbroken phones have the SB settings ???

anyone know why they make it so long when they could easily make it simple and fast?
Hm, yea maybe. Added it as "- Turn things on and off easier (less steps)" so it also does apply for location services etc.

megadon

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
Hm, yea maybe. Added it as "- Turn things on and off easier (less steps)" so it also does apply for location services etc.

ya, like I would love it if they included the stuff on your list, I just hope they figure out a smooth and easy way to access all the settings of all the stuff..

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
ya, like I would love it if they included the stuff on your list, I just hope they figure out a smooth and easy way to access all the settings of all the stuff..
I think it's already pretty smooth, but it always can be better. And I'm sure some things, like infrared, won't come to the iPhone 4G, but heeh... therefore it's called a wishlist!

I think it's just nice to have all things people want in just one list and than with the 4G check what's in there and what isn't in there. After the 4G a nice thing will happen: we can look forward to the iPhone 5G haha.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
A realistic look at the next iPhone from my perspective:

PRIORITY
Pre-installed Flash
Removable battery
More physical buttons for options such as profile
5.0MB camera or better
Better battery life

REALLY NICE TO HAVE
Video conferencing and/or live streaming.
Maybe a new casing but it won't get much slimmer/thinner
Better push email

What I don't want to see is the iPhone getting stuff like HD. The screen is too small for HD to be of any real value and it would kill the battery. For me, the battery is very key...but the more features and functions added will hurt the battery life. It's a double edged sword.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
OP, do you honestly think the iPhone will EVER have finger scanning and infrared?

Apple thinks up their own product; they're not gonna take advice from somebody on the internet. unless you're an actual developer for apple (and buying the iPhone sdk doesn't count), you're voice is falling upon deaf ears. I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, just that apple will never see it or acknowledge it

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
OP, do you honestly think the iPhone will EVER have finger scanning and infrared?

Apple thinks up their own product; they're not gonna take advice from somebody on the internet. unless you're an actual developer for apple (and buying the iPhone sdk doesn't count), you're voice is falling upon deaf ears. I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, just that apple will never see it or acknowledge it
So better close down this whole forum? This is about discussion, not about that Apple will see it or not.

And it's clear you didn't even read this topic:

And I'm sure some things, like infrared, won't come to the iPhone 4G, but heeh... therefore it's called a wishlist!

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
So better close down this whole forum? This is about discussion, not about that Apple will see it or not.

And it's clear you didn't even read this topic:

no, the website and forums are fine. it's when posts like this come up that gets a little annoying. instead of starting a new thread, post your 'wishlist' on a pre-existing thread about this topic.

and I know it's a wishlist, but you still need to be a little realistic

and yes I did read the TOPIC. it's all the whimsical posts I didn't read

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
no, the website and forums are fine. it's when posts like this come up that gets a little annoying. instead of starting a new thread, post your 'wishlist' on a pre-existing thread about this topic.

and I know it's a wishlist, but you still need to be a little realistic

and yes I did read the TOPIC. it's all the whimsical posts I didn't read

Pot meet kettle.

And the MAIN thing I want is a better battery. Anything else would be great, but to double battery life would make a big difference to me.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey

You are precisely saying his "opinion doesn't matter." I guarantee he knows that if he makes a list, it is very probable that Apple will never even acknowledge it. You need to take the Internet a little less seriously, and message boards even less so.

Hardware:
-Any kind of different casing, I don't like the smooth plastic feel.
-Flush bezel (Seems I have cut my finger a few times on the edges)
-Stiffer silent toggle
-Stiffer volume buttons
-No chrome
-Possible flash (doesn't bother me, just don't take pictures at night)

Software:
-Widgets (Email, SMS, MMS, Weather, other Apps)
-Integrated flash for websites
-More customization (Apple approved themes from App store)

Applications: (From App store or Apple)
-Better banking programs
-More push notifications

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
You are precisely saying his "opinion doesn't matter." I guarantee he knows that if he makes a list, it is very probable that Apple will never even acknowledge it. You need to take the Internet a little less seriously, and message boards even less so.

let me rephrase then: Apple won't see this, don't waste your time

if I take the Internet too seriously, then why do you seem to be mad at me?

sam011989

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
ya, alot of those are very unrealistic to come out in the next model.....but in a few more years maybe we'll see them.

i'm a security freak, i want to make sure that if i loose my phone, that the iphone-smart thief wont be able to turn off location services or any of the like which will allow me to find him.

therefore, i want a software update to be able to lock certain settings with a passcode (preferably different than the one used to unlock the phone) so the thief can't disable my ability to find him.

in addition to that, how about being able to control our iphone's settings from mobile me? so, from mobile me, i can turn on/off location services, 3G, delete mail/sync accounts, change push settings (so thief can't have access to my emails/calendar if the phone is unlocked), etc.

just a wishlist!

sam011989

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
let me rephrase then: Apple won't see this, don't waste your time

if I take the Internet too seriously, then why do you seem to be mad at me?

correction: apple does see posts like this. not just from this website, but other forum websites about their iphone.

i can guarantee this cause my half-brother works for apple as a developer and he's always on forums looking for new ideas to pass on. that's how apple gets its new ideas, they read forums and blogs about what the customers want

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
correction: apple does see posts like this. not just from this website, but other forum websites about their iphone.

i can guarantee this cause my half-brother works for apple as a developer and he's always on forums looking for new ideas to pass on. that's how apple gets its new ideas, they read forums and blogs about what the customers want

is your half-brother a legit pitchman, or does apple disregard his ideas.

and either way, there's a pretty good chance not many of the propsed ideas will happen. some are just too unrealistic

like I said, I know it's a wishlist, but c'mon

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
is your half-brother a legit pitchman, or does apple disregard his ideas.

and either way, there's a pretty good chance not many of the propsed ideas will happen. some are just too unrealistic

like I said, I know it's a wishlist, but c'mon

You must have been one of those kids who never got everything they made on their ridiculously long wish list for Christmas, right?

I am only taking the logical route with that question.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
You must have been one of those kids who never got everything they made on their ridiculously long wish list for Christmas, right?

I am only taking the logical route with that question.

wrong. I got near everything I wanted for Christmas. my wishlist was just realistic. I didn't get the $50,000 car for my 16th birthday or Christmas, I got a used one but still a nice acura. I didn't ask for a PS3, Xbox 360, AND Wii. I knew (and know) what is logical and where to draw the line.

and finger scanner on a phone is too much. some things were fine, like the better camera and flash. but you need to know where to draw the line

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Jeez, it's just a list. I'm sure he doesn't expect everything on it.

And he doesn't seem to be mad at you.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Of course not, but that's what I told in one of the very first posts. I want a few billion dollars, but heeh, it's not what I expect. Again, it's just a wishlist and not only from me. It are just wishes I've read from a lot of people and put into one big list, and than again, via this topic I want to make the list bigger and see what has come true in the iPhone 4G or iPhone 5G.

Again, this topic is not about "Apple is never going to add the following things", but it's about "This is a list from what a lot of people want, and with the next generations iPhones we will see what has come true of it". Apple won't add infrared. Apple won't support LTE yet. Apple won't build in a fingerscan. But heeh, that's not what this topic is about. Seriously, some of you really think negative. Almost like "They will not do this, not do that and now I'm going to kill myself because I'm so depressed."

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
how is that thread even relevant? if you recall, I kept my cool and didn't get put into 'time out', like the people who called me a troll, which I am NOT being here as well

It's relevant because you felt the need to create a thread about how you no longer have the "special" feeling of iphone exclusivity, which was all about you, yet you come in this thread and bash someone for making a wishlist.

You have no idea what Apple reads or doesn't read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.