Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XMike17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I paid for this app a long time ago, took a break from jailbreaking, and now with the new blackra1n, decided to jailbreak again.

So I install Cydia and it recognizes my iPhone and says install because I already bought it.

Then I click to download and get "Host Unreachable" when I try to download it, any suggestions :(

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Keep trying I have had that issue before I think Cydia is getting slammed with all the requests to the servers etc today.

Though be lucky you were even able to jailbreak on 3.1.2 I keep going into a recovery loop

XMike17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
oh man that sucks =/ I was on official 3.1.2, used my bootcamp'd XP. Restored in iTunes, then ran blackra1n and it JB'd, then I restarted in mac mode and sync'd my songs/apps. Hope it gets fixed, I've been frustrated like that before

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
hmm i upgraded thru itunes9 and didnt have to resync any of my apps or music.. it was weird.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
hmm i upgraded thru itunes9 and didnt have to resync any of my apps or music.. it was weird.

That's because you upgraded to 3.1.2, not restored to it. If you just click upgrade in iTunes it patches your current firmware with updates. You need to restore if you want a brand new version of 3.1.2.

lilngineer

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
I paid for this app a long time ago, took a break from jailbreaking, and now with the new blackra1n, decided to jailbreak again.

So I install Cydia and it recognizes my iPhone and says install because I already bought it.

Then I click to download and get "Host Unreachable" when I try to download it, any suggestions :(

Try it with a WIFI connection on the phone. I did that and it immediately worked.

I updated to the latest carrier update through iTunes and I have a feeling it is blocking the BigBoss server.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Try it with a WIFI connection on the phone. I did that and it immediately worked.

I updated to the latest carrier update through iTunes and I have a feeling it is blocking the BigBoss server.

Carrier update should have no effect on WiFi connection thru Cydia.

Cydia is just getting hit like crazy due to Blackra1n and all the new and re-done jailbreaks.

lilngineer

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Carrier update should have no effect on WiFi connection thru Cydia.

Cydia is just getting hit like crazy due to Blackra1n and all the new and re-done jailbreaks.

I think you misunderstood me. I was unable to install 3G Unrestrictor while on the 3G network. I got the host unavailable message.

I switched to WIFI and it worked immediately.

I think the carrier update is blocking the host server on 3G.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I think you misunderstood me. I was unable to install 3G Unrestrictor while on the 3G network. I got the host unavailable message.

I switched to WIFI and it worked immediately.

I think the carrier update is blocking the host server on 3G.

Unless I can't read, nowhere in your OP does it say you were trying this on a 3G connection.

Maybe I should not have assumed, but Cydia is usually accessed only thru WiFi due to much quicker downloads and reloads of the repos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.