Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Amy2005
macrumors regular

Adding pages in Illustrator CS3

Hi,

Does anyone know how to add pages to documents in Adobe Illustrator CS3, I used to use Freehand but it won't load up on Snow Leopard, I was so easy on Freehand and seems impossible on Illustrator.

Thank you
Amy
Amy2005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:00 AM   #2
arkitect
macrumors 68040

AFAIK you can't add extra "pages" or artboards in Illustrator CS3… you can though in CS4.
arkitect is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:15 AM   #3
Amy2005
macrumors regular

Ah I thought CS4 would have it, I'll try InDesign and see if I can figure that one out. It's for my final year uni project, so was wanting to use something I was familiar with like Freehand.

I've created a logo for the company i've had to come up with for the project, i made in Illustrator, but when I just copy and paste the logo into InDesign the quality isn't so good, it all becomes at bit frayed. Is there a way to export just the logo with no white background, so it can be placed on anything?

Thank you
Amy
Amy2005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:17 AM   #4
arkitect
macrumors 68040

Export as .png works for me if you need the transparency.
Good luck!

Just do like the experts below recommend.

V V V V

Last edited by arkitect; Oct 16, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
arkitect is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:45 AM   #5
tobefirst
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy2005 View Post
Ah I thought CS4 would have it, I'll try InDesign and see if I can figure that one out. It's for my final year uni project, so was wanting to use something I was familiar with like Freehand.

I've created a logo for the company i've had to come up with for the project, i made in Illustrator, but when I just copy and paste the logo into InDesign the quality isn't so good, it all becomes at bit frayed. Is there a way to export just the logo with no white background, so it can be placed on anything?

Thank you
Amy
If you designed the logo in Illustrator, then you just need to place that Illustrator file into InDesign and it won't have a background unless you created one in Illustrator. No need to export as anything different, you just need to get it into InDesign properly.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:46 AM   #6
IgnatiusTheKing
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to IgnatiusTheKing Send a message via Skype™ to IgnatiusTheKing
Quote:

Thank you
Amy
Just place the AI file in InDesign.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:28 AM   #7
opeter
macrumors 6502a

You cannot directly add pages to Illustrator CS3, but you can user layers as they would be individaul pages.

There is also a plugin that will do the same thing: HotDoor Multipage

Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:43 PM   #8
Kwill
macrumors 68000

Quote:
  1. As others have said, you can save the logo as an .ai file and "place" it into InDesign.

2. Alternatively, you can drag the vector logo from the Illustrator window to the InDesign document. It becomes a non-linked InDesign object which means you can edit and colorize it within InDesign.

3. Copy from Illustrator CS3 and paste into InDesign CS3 works the same as "2" above.

P.S. InDesign is best suited for multiple pages.

@ClinicalPosters
Kwill is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics