Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:40 PM   #1
Yojiirill
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Yojiirill
Third-Party Music Stores

NOTE: There might be another thread just like this, but I couldn't find it.

Other than the ITM and CD rips, where do you get your music?

I get my digital music from several places online.
*Amazon MP3: I actually went here for a long time before I got an ITMS account :O. Nowadays, though, I only buy here if they're having a special sale on an album I want.
*Emusic: My personal favorite music store. Ever. Some may diss the lack of selection, but I think it gives me an opportunity to try new things. I also get a bunch of indie samplers here.
*Jamendo: Here, you can legally download music 100% free, though I'm sure that none of it you've ever heard of. I don't use this too often, but I still enjoy downloading a techno or classical album here every now and then.
*BeeMP3: Due to my hatred of piracy, I try to keep my use of this to an absolute minimum, but when I can't find something I want anywhere else, I resort here to find it.

What about you? What sites do you go to for music?
Yojiirill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:19 AM   #2
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Most of mine is from the iTunes store.

And like you, I don't like using torrents, but when I can't find a song I sometimes download torrents. I mainly don't like them because they can have viruses in them and I suppose if you do it all the time instead of buying them its undermining the industry...

So I like to get mine from the iTunes store
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:47 AM   #3
TheBritishBloke
macrumors 68030

All my music on my iPods, iPhone, Mac etc. Are all bought from iTunes store. I hate torrents, don't even have a torrent client.

I have a few CD's that I loaded onto iTunes too if they count :P
TheBritishBloke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:53 AM   #4
paulsalter
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to paulsalter Send a message via AIM to paulsalter Send a message via MSN to paulsalter Send a message via Yahoo to paulsalter
Most of mine is from iTunes, eMusic & from my own Cd's

Since iTunes 9 I have mostly replaced iTunes store with Amazon
Old Oct 21, 2009, 05:35 PM   #5
M87
macrumors 65816

All of my music is from iTunes or CD rips. I'd like to make all my purchases through iTunes or other download services, but the selection just isn't great enough. iTunes has tons of stuff I'd like to buy, but it seems they don't want to sell it to someone in the US. I guess it's something to do with record labels because Amazon is pretty much the same. If I could buy from the Finnish ITMS it would be like Christmas for me.

Actually some of my music is downloaded via torrents or other such sources. Only unofficial stuff such as demos and fan made live recordings though. There's not really a choice for those kinds of things.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 05:48 PM   #6
Nermal

iTunes, CDs, and Digirama. I also have a few from Vmusic that I downloaded before they closed my account without warning, eating the $75 credit I had there in the process...
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod