Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
4-5 pushed headlines dealing with the "balloon boy" in the past two days? Seriously CNN? You consider this the major topic for the past 2 days that you need to push me almost half a dozen alerts on it and no other alerts?

wtf

Kuddles

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2009
funny,
all the "pushes" I received from CNN were sponsored by Lexus for some reason.. :rolleyes:

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
there should be a law against ads in paid apps

a law by apple i guess :confused:

i bet some dummy gonna come in here and say "ads don't bother me at all " :mad:

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
This is, after all, the "news" agency who takes a couple paragraphs of something that may or may not have happened from "street reporters", calls it news and cites "anonymous sources who aren't authorized to speak to the media". As if they're "media". What do you expect them to push BUT crap? Read your local paper if you want news. Watch CNN (or MSNBC or FOX) if you want to sound like a rambling idiot who almost knows enough to be dangerous.

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
hey does the push alerts for cnn have sounds for you guys cause i have sound enabled but the news alerts pop up with no sound for me. all my other push apps have sound. like ap mobile plays a sound so i know i got an alert etc..

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Unfortunately, "Balloon Boy" is what Americans are interested in right now.

:rolleyes:

No, it's what CNN is interested in because they are the Crappy Non News Newwork....guess that's CNNN.

If this is what America is interested in.....we need to all get lives.

I have the app but actually haven't been using it much because the stories generally are crap...but then again that isn't much different than the television show.

Think I'm going to rely on my NPR News app. Not perfect, but so far beats CNN by a long mile.

Steve

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
.....I actually bought the app because I wanted to follow the balloon story live and I wasn't anywhere near a computer or TV

Psycdude

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
I bought the App just for ballon boy as well. I bet CNN makes more money of the increased sale of the app, than the entire fiasco costs law enforcement (or the family if they are found liable).

ddavid

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Read your local paper if you want news. Watch CNN (or MSNBC or FOX) if you want to sound like a rambling idiot who almost knows enough to be dangerous.
Your Local paper must be a lot better than mine... Fox News is the most even if you watch the news and not the opinion shows. If you see a story that piques your interest, you owe it to yourself to find a bunch of sources and make your own opinion.

I don't have a problem with opinions as long as they are presented as such, I hate newspapers or news shows that disguise opinion as news!

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I'm not happy with the AP News app. I get notifications and when try to get more information it says 'Updating...' for a really long long time. A few times it's been rather quick but for the most part, it takes what seems like an eternity to update... The USA Today app works much better IMO.

Pay for a CNN app? Crazy I'm not...

BigHonkingDeal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2009
Fort Pierce
I agree the AP app was better before they implemented push service.... I have push turned off because it's so flaky.

I like the USA Today app as well.

I'm not happy with the AP News app. I get notifications and when try to get more information it says 'Updating...' for a really long long time. A few times it's been rather quick but for the most part, it takes what seems like an eternity to update... The USA Today app works much better IMO.

Pay for a CNN app? Crazy I'm not...

djlexus

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
Push News

You guys should check out push news awesome app pushes news 2-3 times per hour or less depending on what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.