Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple2991

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Hi. I have an iBook G4 933 mHz that has 384 RAM (custom ordered from Apple store). I desperately want to increase the RAM, to at LEAST 512, if not 640 (which I know is this model's maximum). I also know that there are two RAM slots in it, which, when ordered stock from Apple, have 2 128 MB sticks. So I'm guessing that mine has 1 256 stick and 1 128.

This is my first Mac, so I don't really know anything about RAM as far as what is compatible. Are there any good stores you recommend where I can get inexpensive, compatible RAM? Any place you know of with a manual or something on how to install the RAM? Plus, I don't want to void the AppleCare. Or should I just drive 2 hours to my Apple Store and pay out the wazoo?

Any help is appreciated!

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
edesignuk hit it right on the head. your only upgrade option is to buy a 512MB stick of ram and put it in, which will bring you up to 640MB.

The link he provided you with is to one of the best memory stores available. High quality and good prices... I don't think there's a person here that wouldn't recommend them.

Lee Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.