Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mraheel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
I think we all agree that grafix and interface matter alot in iPhone apps, which is a good thing, it enhanced our own experience.

So, in my quest to attain it, i decided to play around with a transparent NavigationBar and a tableView.

Scenario: FirstViewController has a NavigationController and NavBar is set to be Hidden.
When NavController is pushed, The navBar is set NOT to Hide.
And ofcourse, my detailView.xib is loaded. the Xib's got only the TableView.

The Problem:
When I set the NavBar to BlackOpaque, Theres no issue, everything works smoothly,
When I set it to BlackTranslucent, the TableView slides up beneath the navBar. So, in effect, Row1 of tableView is not tap-able cuz its below the transparent Navbar,

What i can do is set the bounds and place it below the transparent NavBar, which works without problems. but this negates the whole reason why im choosing the transparent Bar,

What I want to achieve is Have the TableVIew set rightly below the NavBar, but UPON SCROLLING OF TABLEVIEW, i want its rows to slide up below the NavigationBar.

I've seen this in apps for 2.2.1, I've searched around the net forever, and found no solution,

Please lemme know what works supporting 2.2.1 and up, and possible solutions like a custom table, or uiscrollview or something, i have no clue here..

PhoneyDeveloper!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.