Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:09 AM   #1
Tech198
macrumors 68040

Backup

Hi all..

I have Mac mini (1 TB) that has all my movies on i stream from that to two Apple TV's. One Macbook Pro Retina, and one Windows 7 box.

What's the best way to back up both PC and Mac..

I have 2x2 TB backup drives i use to backup my iTunes library on my mini (which i use to home share)

So, i thought splitting the 2x 2TB in two partitions each,, one with HFS+, one with windows, and back data up over network (external drive will be connected to mac mini usb port)

AM i going down the right path here? or should i just get a NAS..? which basically means i'll also need to keep mac mini since it NAS's don't stream to directly to Apple TV

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
Tech198 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice