Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:31 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

EA's 'Rock Band' Arrives in App Store

EA's Rock Band [App Store, $9.99] has appeared in the App Store, less than two weeks after word of the release was made public.

Rock Band offers a similar feel to the original console versions of the game, with some obvious differences due to the screen size and multi-touch interface of the iPhone. Players can to choose from guitar, bass, drum, or vocal tracks for each song, and player errors result in interruptions in music playback, providing integrated audio feedback on performance.

The game includes twenty songs in the basic package, with additional songs available for download via In App Purchase of two-track packs priced at $0.99. Also included is a local multiplayer mode via Bluetooth accommodating up to four players, Facebook integration, and a choice of single-song game modes or "World Tour" career mode.

Article Link: EA's 'Rock Band' Arrives in App Store
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:37 PM   #2
rtakman
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

I got the game a little while ago.. and its not half bad! A little slow to load on my 3G but still.. Great game 5*'s
rtakman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:37 PM   #3
donlphi
macrumors 6502

It's pretty fun...

I haven't tried multi-player mode, but the single player version works great. I have relatively large hands, so the controls a little tough if you use thumbs.

Much better experience than I had with TAP TAP, although I haven't tried Tap Tap 3.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:15 PM   #4
D3lta
macrumors 6502a

A little disappointed in all the loading. Pressing pause has a ~2-3 second load to the menu, same when hitting resume. Even on a 3GS.

But other than that, it's a great game.
1st gen iPad 32GB Wi-Fi
D3lta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

$9.99! That's a great price!

Gonna download this when I get home.

Wooohoooooooo!!!!
Hawkeye411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:25 PM   #6
ref1mind
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donlphi View Post
I haven't tried multi-player mode, but the single player version works great. I have relatively large hands, so the controls a little tough if you use thumbs.

Much better experience than I had with TAP TAP, although I haven't tried Tap Tap 3.
You should really give tap tap revenge 3 a shot! It's only 99 cents and has over 100 free songs plus a new free track every week. Haven't tried rock band and will not till there's a price drop.
ref1mind is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 03:15 PM   #7
gigidey
macrumors member

I downloaded Rock Band last night and I love it, its a huge step up from Tap Tap Revenge 3.
gigidey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 03:59 PM   #8
lucas
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref1mind View Post
You should really give tap tap revenge 3 a shot! It's only 99 cents and has over 100 free songs plus a new free track every week. Haven't tried rock band and will not till there's a price drop.
did they introduce an audible penalty for missing notes in tap tap revenge 3? the first two sucked balls because their was no audible feedback when you were doing well or ****ing up. I wouldnt shell out a dollar for more of the same
lucas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 09:42 PM   #9
Chris Blount
macrumors 68000

This game (Rock Band for the iPhone) is miles above anything else out there. It plays almost exactly like the console game. The song mapping isn't half bad. Definitely worth $9.99 especially if you are a fan of the game and need a Rock Band fix on the go.
Chris Blount is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:36 AM   #10
RiCEADDiCTBOY
macrumors 6502a

I played almost every music game available on the App store...and the quality of the product is rather impressive...on the surface.

The online mode is lacking. The timing is a little off...and God forbid the notes where they have to be hit next to each other...won't register properly.

Is the game better than Tap Tap 3? Presentation...yes. Gameplay - if EA can issue an update to correct the timing...yes. Online? Hell no. Tap Tap 3 wins easily in the online department. Very social and fun.

If you like Rock Band you will love it on your iPhone (recommend on 3GS...no lag for me). Despite some flaws - it is a quality product and be hard pressed to not admit it was worth the 10 bucks.

*If you want quality products - support the higher prices. Companies that lower prices make it difficult for quality products to be continued...
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:47 PM   #11
eastercat
macrumors 68040

Although I'm very tempted, I'm going to wait a bit longer before I get the game. Mainly, it's to see if EA improves the noted shortcomings.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion