Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Tod Poirier
macrumors newbie

Bootcamp issues after upgrade

I got my Macbook Pro about a year ago and set up bootcamp with Windows XP with no problems. About a month back I had a drive error and my Mac partition wouldn't correctly boot and my local Mac guy told me I should reformat the drive and it would be worth upgrading to 10.6. I've done that - did a fresh install off the Snow Leopard disk on the old Mac partition without touching the Windows partition. Windows won't start now and if I go into the Boot Camp assistant I get the error message that "the startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition. The startup disk must be formatted as a single mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows." Any thoughts on how I can get my Windows back?
Thanks!
Tod
Tod Poirier is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac